Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [13th - 19th May 2022]

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Haha I was their that day, was very funny at the time.

I heard a rumour the bloke ended up cutting his a grass for couple of months, whether their is any truth in that I don't know.

Pitch invasion are part of the game to me.

Don
Yeah, waiting for the day a player's life is threatened, I'm sure its not hard to get sharp objects in a ground.
Did you see the video of the Everton fan when the 'no to oil' guy tied himself to the post? An Everton fan pulled out a flick knife and was trying to offer it to the steward to cut the guy loose. The best thing about it was the steward wanted to take it too :o :D

Permabanned
They scare the crap out of me. I've no doubt that most people who take part are just overly joyous and harmless, but as @Andybtsn said it only takes one idiot with a weapon to do some serious harm. Even without a weapon you could do damage to someone or cause a provocation that could ruin a players career.

Ultimately though I don't know if they can be stopped. No amount of stewards are going to stop a rush of fans if their bloods up.

The worry is that it'll happen during a particularly heated exchange mid game. My uncle was at the Leeds Villa game a few seasons ago when Kodjia went down and the ball wasn't played out and Leeds went on to score. He said all hell broke loose in the away end and he honestly thought the first 4 rows where going to bolt. Only time he's left a ground feeling genuinely worried for his safety outside of the early derby games.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not a fan of pitch invasions, I find them very awkward and they must be very intimidating for players, after tonight's stupid event hopefully they will double down on trying to prevent them, as hard as it is, perhaps some sort of punishment for the club might be the only way to stop it.

I'm a forest fan btw and was there last night, a pitch invasion was inevitable despite pleas from the board not to. You almost always see them when the home team wins the tie in the playoffs.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Exactly you cant stop them unless your back to the days of penning people in a cage, So you need to prepare for them accordingly.

Caporegime
Just watching the sky highlights of the Liverpool game and Tyler couldn’t have been more dejected when Minamino scored… he was literally like “it’s 1-1” in the flattest way possible :D

Soldato
Weren't you saying that he wasn't going to get jail time because of some poor thought through reasons?
I said i didnt think he'd get jail time as loads of assault cases dont.

"
But the judge said: "Given the gravity of this offence, where thousands were present to witness it, there has to be an element of deterrence."
The judge added the attack could have "given rise to further incidents"."

Does that in a street and he wont see a jail.

Soldato
Exactly you cant stop them unless your back to the days of penning people in a cage, So you need to prepare for them accordingly.
You could stop them over night if everyone who stepped onto the pitch got a ten year banning order I bet football fans would suddenly be capable of sitting in the stands, Most pitch invasions these days seem to be lower league sides celebrating nothing I remember watching Southampton against Notts County in the League cup a few years back when we were a rubbish championship side and they beat us and invaded the pitch like they'd won the trophy it was embaressing! Football has no interest in stopping them though just like it has no interest in stopping players harassing referees etc. it is all seen as part of the game...

Back
Top Bottom