1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [15th - 18th October 2021]

Discussion in 'The Football Stadium' started by explicit4u, 12 Oct 2021.

1. omnomnom

Capodecina

That’s quite the collapse Villa lol.

2. el_dazza

Capodecina

I'm absolutely speechless. Wolves were 250/1 to win with 10 mins to go. Someone, somewhere..

3. booyaka

Capodecina

Awful - please just end this misery....

Team looks devoid of any "tactics", non existent shape, defense looks awful.

I've back Ole for a long time, but he's simply out of his depth now.

Next 5 games - Atalanta (H), Liverpool (H), Spurs (A), Atalanta (A) and Man City (H). If changes are not made soon, the season is over in the next 5 games.

Great squad, with loads of potential, but utterly laughable performances/tactics

8 wins/1 clean sheet in last 19 games! Horrendous.

4. The Running Man

Caporegime

Season is already over.

Champions league - impossible to win

EPL - no chance, and that was before today

Random cup - already knocked out

I mean I said previously time to be realistic and focus building for next years Europa run.

5. Reuben klang

Hitman

He’s been out of his depth the entire time. He was fine for getting the feel good factor back but after that PSG result, he shouldn’t have been given the job. They should have just left it to the end of the season - like what was reported at the time - and said bye at the end of the season.

6. booyaka

Capodecina

100% - time for excuses are over. Whilst the "old boys" club was a good idea to steady the ship after Jose.... It's clearly time for some external coaching/management etc

Ole/Carrick/Phelan/Fletcher etc

7. mysticsniper

Capodecina

Hoping this win can kick off our season. Vardy is such a legend.

8. omnomnom

Capodecina

Who’s coming in though?

9. adam cool dude

Capodecina

Red nose.

10. Alex h

Soldato

Who ever it is surely it can't get any worse I've no idea what his tactics are hit long balls and hope
    There's better managers even at that than ollie

11. Mark1989

Capodecina

Ole wasn't ever good enough tactically for utd he was to steady the ship.

12. chroniclard

Capodecina

Why persist, literally the entire world has been saying Ole is crap since the start. Badly run club is bad.

13. Reuben klang

Hitman

You could have it as Ole is the manager and have a world class team of coaches under him. Tactical guys the lot. Could be a modern way. Who knows?

As things stand though, Ole is a great guy but just not cut out for this job sadly. Being honest I don’t think anyone else in the league or even the championship has him as their manager/head coach.

14. Reuben klang

Hitman

Brentford really unlucky to not win this tonight.

15. Purdy

Capodecina

Ref saved Chelsea badly here, clearly onside for the stonewall penalty and allowed Chelsea to burn 5 minutes pretending to be injured

16. chroniclard

Capodecina

No way Chelsea are winning the league.

17. robfosters

Caporegime

I could have watched another half hour of that. Brilliant action.

18. toshj

Mobster

Can't believe we didn't get anything out of that. Chelsea had one shot on target whilst we hit the bar, onto the post twice and off the line too... should have got something from that.

19. BaZ87

Don

The other week somebody asked the question re Salah vs peak Suarez and my answer was Suarez but my god is Salah making me question that answer already. He's probably not scoring quite at the rate he did in 17/18 but his performances this season have been a level above anything we've seen from him. Because of how good his goal was today and his goal vs City, not a lot will get said about the rest of his game but he's really becoming the complete package as a forward.

There's been signs of these things improving over the last few years but Salah's no longer just a wide forward that is hanging on the defenders shoulder, looking to run in behind. His all round game has improved year on year but it seems to have taken a huge stride forward this season. The way he's playing with his back to goal is what's really blown me away. The assist today and vs City for Mane begin with two nothing passes up to him and from no where we've scored. The City assist showed everything for me - the initial pass into him was a bit of a hospital pass, running back to his own goal with a defender on his arse but he's able to keep possession, lay it off and when he gets the ball back, in a blink of an eye he's skinned his man and sliding Mane in on goal. He's holding the ball up like a target man and linking the play like Firmino, while still being a constant goal threat running in behind.

20. dpbadger

Wise Guy

Leeds were awful just goes to show missing 6 first team players is going to hit us. Not one shot on target.