Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [17th - 19th Sept 2021]

Caporegime
Loving these scenes. Hopefully inner De Gea will come back this season as he is really on form at the moment.

Also when you put into context that two of the 4 goals we have conceded were from massive deflections it isn't looking too bad defensively. Westham were our real first test but even still 13 points whilst playing 3 of your first 5 away from home isn't bad.

Caporegime
The contact with Coufal's a dive as well. Coufal catches his leg, Ronaldo takes a step then flops to the floor. Was there enough contact for him to go down and award a foul? No, which is why Ronaldo dived.

Soldato
Loving these scenes. Hopefully inner De Gea will come back this season as he is really on form at the moment.

Also when you put into context that two of the 4 goals we have conceded were from massive deflections it isn't looking too bad defensively. Westham were our real first test but even still 13 points whilst playing 3 of your first 5 away from home isn't bad.

Singling out that they were deflections takes away from the context in which the goal happened... United were terrible in possession, and being pressed and on the edge of conceding to an average West ham team without their attacking star.

Regardless of three points, today was another sub-par display and had every trope of Ole's reign.

Although I do admire your unbending optimism.

Caporegime
Singling out that they were deflections takes away from the context in which the goal happened... United were terrible in possession, and being pressed and on the edge of conceding to an average West ham team without their attacking star.

Regardless of three points, today was another sub-par display and had every trope of Ole's reign.

Although I do admire your unbending optimism.

Away from home against Europe challenging Westham. Won with blatant penalties not given. Westham could only score with a massive deflection and got a totally unintentional penalty.

We had 17 shots with 10 on target, 61% possession and 90% pass accuracy. Our xg was 2.16 compared to Westhams 1.67 which in itself is inflated with nobles penalty.

Why can't people just be happy? We still have Rashford to come back from injury and De Gea is having form that he hasn't had for nearly three years.

We have also scored the most goals in the league whilst being totally inept relying on individual brilliance.

Caporegime
Away from home against Europe challenging Westham. Won with blatant penalties not given. Westham could only score with a massive deflection and got a totally unintentional penalty.

We had 17 shots with 10 on target, 61% possession and 90% pass accuracy. Our xg was 2.16 compared to Westhams 1.67 which in itself is inflated with nobles penalty.

Why can't people just be happy? We still have Rashford to come back from injury and De Gea is having form that he hasn't had for nearly three years.

I was happy ish, we seemed combative, created some chances (Cr7s miss/save by the keeper in the 2nd half).
.we fought for every ball with aggression I would have been sad had we dropped the 2 points.

Soldato

We have also scored the most goals in the league whilst being totally inept relying on individual brilliance.
Agreeing with your sentiment. I've seen us play worse. I understand teams in the bottom half of the league setting up defensively but I felt West Ham were cheating their fans a bit by not being a bit more attacking when at home. They deserved to lose and it would have been unfair on United to only take a point. Given that Pogba had one of his "off" days, McSauce was first game back for a month and Fred's form has been very poor, I'm happy with the performance and result. We created a lot more than in many matches. The only negatives are that we didn't make the match more comfortable and Sancho looks a bit like a wee lost boy. WHam again on Wednesday gives another chance for players to get some time together and maybe some rest for Ronaldo.

Associate
Standby what I said in previous thread, City are not winning anything this year. I won't be surprised to see them finish 4th. Grealish isn't the signing they need or a fit. The finishing positions of Liverpool, Chelsea and Manu is anyone's guess though. Exciting year.

Also still laughing at the comments from last week that Rafa was making a difference at Everton. They are still a joke when they play anyone of substance. They won't be a bad at home as under CA but then again how could they be.

Soldato
City are a strange side but they’re stacked with so much quality, Chelsea are solid and I can’t see very many weaknesses in their squad. Liverpools starting 11 is arguably the best in the league but their bench is garbage compared to the others and Utd have a clueless manager and no structure in the midfield.

Early days but I’m going Chelsea > City/Liverpool >> Utd and a decent gap to fifth. Ive not see much of the foxes this year but they haven’t exactly started well. Would be good to see Brighton continue this and be this years hammers. Will be somewhat annoying that all the xG lovers have been saying Brighton are amazing for a couple of seasons now.

Be funny if Arsenal and Spurs have woeful seasons.

Soldato
City are a strange side but they’re stacked with so much quality, Chelsea are solid and I can’t see very many weaknesses in their squad. Liverpools starting 11 is arguably the best in the league but their bench is garbage compared to the others and Utd have a clueless manager and no structure in the midfield.

Early days but I’m going Chelsea > City/Liverpool >> Utd and a decent gap to fifth. Ive not see much of the foxes this year but they haven’t exactly started well. Would be good to see Brighton continue this and be this years hammers. Will be somewhat annoying that all the xG lovers have been saying Brighton are amazing for a couple of seasons now.

Be funny if Arsenal and Spurs have woeful seasons.

Liverpool’s bench isn’t garbage lmao

Back
Top Bottom