Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [28th - 29th August 2021]

Soldato
I've been supportive of Arteta but this is surely speeding towards the end for him. Oddly, I think this shows him in a worse light than games against eg Brentford. Brentford set up to be difficult to play against and then used Toney to bully the defence. That can be tough for a "big" team to play against. But playing against City as the underdog is relatively obvious - pack the midfield, defend deep and make them play through, and put pace up top. Arteta has got this so badly wrong it's remarkable

Soldato
Are you happy now jonney? You got Wenger sacked for this!
We would have ended up here same place if wenger was in charge. Don’t kid yourself..

Wenger and Kronke both to blame for this. Why? Because kronke/wenger should have gone when everyone and there dog knew arsenal were heading to a disaster without major changes from the ground up.

I saw this coming from the moment Eduardo broke his leg. The alarm bells were ringing 10+ years ago. We did not magically. Go from being title contenders/unbeaten whole season to this in a space of a week.

This was ongoing from when wenger lost his mojo

Man of Honour
OP
Associate
I doubt it will improve under Arteta, but tbh, he’ll be lucky to last till Christmas.

I'm used to seeing pathetic defending over the years (& last weekend), so won't comment on that.
Can already see whats going to happen, Arteta will be gone before our match and you'll end up spanking us 3/4-1 to kick start the season.

On the plus side were not bottom anymore, I think.

Back
Top Bottom