Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [2nd - 5th Feb 2021]

fez

fez

Caporegime
Tottenham really do carry very little threat without Kane in the side. Most of Tottenhams threat come from Kane and Son and whoever isn't scoring is usually assisting. Removing half the partnership is very detrimental.

Soldato
BBC text reporting is panning the Spurs performance and trying to stoke anti Jose sentiment. Amazing to think that about two months ago they were top and people were talking about another Jose title challenge. This season is seriously weird!

fez

fez

Caporegime
They have to though unfortunately such is the standard of refs.

They do but if Werner had just stood on that foot that was kicked it wouldn’t have made any difference to his balance, position etc. It’s like when defenders fight like an ox and then suddenly go down under the slightest breeze.

I don’t mind players going down when a challenge has impeded them but when it’s inconsequential contact and they go down it’s ****.

Soldato
They do but if Werner had just stood on that foot that was kicked it wouldn’t have made any difference to his balance, position etc. It’s like when defenders fight like an ox and then suddenly go down under the slightest breeze.

I don’t mind players going down when a challenge has impeded them but when it’s inconsequential contact and they go down it’s ****.

Players are trained to drop though innit. The problem i find is that the laws of the game are never applied properly so players have to throw themselves to the ground. For eg if a goalie comes out, completely misses the ball and a striker has to jump over them with no contact and a recovering defender clears its an indirect free kick in the box...when have you ever seen that given?

How many times do we hear the words "he didnt touch him" when it comes to fouls when there doesnt have to be contact for it to be a foul.

lol Werner

Don
It'll be interesting to see how much patience Levy has with Mourinho. When he first took over I thought he'd do ok, relatively speaking, in the short-term (Spurs had a very Mourinho squad) but the fallout was going to be spectacular. The short-term results never really happened and barely a year in, you can already see the start of the meltdown.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Spurs were a really nice attacking team. The only reason they have worked OK for Mourinho is because Son and Kane work so well together on the counter. That’s never going to be enough in modern football with teams like Liverpool and City in the league.

Back
Top Bottom