Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [5th - 7th August 2022]

Man of Honour
Neville going in hard on the Glazers on Sky at the moment. They need to sell the club. Won't be any progress until they've gone. No transfer planning. Shambles.

Soldato
Neville going in hard on the Glazers on Sky at the moment. They need to sell the club. Won't be any progress until they've gone. No transfer planning. Shambles.

They can only pray that the plan is to give ETH a.season with what he has and judge who to clean out in Jan/end of season and give him a war chest afterwards.

Soldato
Will never happen. If some desert others will fill the gap. Happened with FC United of Manchester.

I certainly haven't directly given them any more for a while, but yeah, too big a club for that to happen.

We have to accept things will get worse/are getting worse. It is what it is

Soldato
They can only pray that the plan is to give ETH a.season with what he has and judge who to clean out in Jan/end of season and give him a war chest afterwards.

Or they chose him because he was happy to work with minimal funds?

Rangnick already told them what they didn't want to hear.

Soldato
Is it really the Glazers though? I mean, there has been money but it has not been spent wisely. I thought the change in structure and personnel would mean a better transfer policy but we've not strengthened in areas where we really need to this summer.

Soldato
Is it really the Glazers though? I mean, there has been money but it has not been spent wisely. I thought the change in structure and personnel would mean a better transfer policy but we've not strengthened in areas where we really need to this summer.
Yea you can't blame the glazers. They probably don't have a clue about which players to get or not outside looking at fifa FUT rating lol

Soldato
That is one thing I agree with, there has been money but they haven't put the right structure or people in place to be successful on the football side of things. So I guess they are to blame! Essentially we're like a richer version of Everton who have spent money badly in recent times.

Caporegime
That is one thing I agree with, there has been money but they haven't put the right structure or people in place to be successful on the football side of things. So I guess they are to blame! Essentially we're like a richer version of Everton who have spent money badly in recent times.

or a poorer version of PSG :p. City have spent a staggering amount but have spent it really well. 8/10 of their signings are always good or go on to sell for more or the same. They have also sold really well. Sterling, Jesus and Zinchenko. Have brought in over 100 million and they haven't really weakened from it.

Caporegime
Everyone really not just Liverpool, whilst its impressive when one team wins the league year on year, I never think its a healthy thing for the league in question. I dont see many positives for the German league that Bayern have won it 10 out of the last 10, or the French League that PSG have won it 8 out of the last 10 or the Dutch league that Ajax have won it 7 out of the last 10. I'm hoping that our league doesnt go that way and that somehow that continuity will be broken, variety is the spice of life they say :)

If City can transition from Guardiola to the next manager whilst still continuing dominance they will be the biggest club in the country in a decade. They only need 12 more titles to equal United's record and could see them doing that in the next 15 years.

Man of Honour
Very impressed by Andersen on Friday, never really paid much attention to him before. Saliba also good, reminds me a little of Hansen.

Not convinced about playing Eriksen as a lone striker, he has a good shot on him and as a teenager I saw him as an effective right forward, but I think he's better pulling the strings a bit deeper. He doesn't offer blistering pace nor a dominant physical presence through the middle. Fred should spend less time doing his hair and more on training his reactions.

Ake feels like the odd one out in this City team. Are their first choice CBs injured or am I doing Ake dirty?
Laporte is injured and Stones is a liability, so he's the best option now Zinchenko has been sold meaning Cancelo has to play LB.

First game of the season and already getting away with blinders, the Mctominay challenge was disgusting as well. That ref in the united game was ****!
Shoulder barge innit, although not totally clear where he made contact, if it was in the back then it's a foul.

Soldato
Very impressed by Andersen on Friday, never really paid much attention to him before. Saliba also good, reminds me a little of Hansen.

Not convinced about playing Eriksen as a lone striker, he has a good shot on him and as a teenager I saw him as an effective right forward, but I think he's better pulling the strings a bit deeper. He doesn't offer blistering pace nor a dominant physical presence through the middle. Fred should spend less time doing his hair and more on training his reactions.

Laporte is injured and Stones is a liability, so he's the best option now Zinchenko has been sold meaning Cancelo has to play LB.

Shoulder barge innit, although not totally clear where he made contact, if it was in the back then it's a foul.
Hes pushed him, that isnt a shoulder barge.

Back
Top Bottom