Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [5th - 7th August 2022]

Associate
In terms of competitive goals in English football it does.

tNe.gif

Man of Honour
Excellent TV show, think I must have watched the US Office from start to finish about half a dozen times now. Last season is decidedly iffy but that tends to be the norm with shows I guess.

Man of Honour
Has he given Cancelo a card for that? :p

Brilliant. Deserved it.
Good for me so far, I have a bet on for Haaland to score, 1 corner each team in each half and 1+ booking each. So far, I've got the Haaland goal and the corners and 1 of the yellow cards, so all good at the mo :)

Associate
West Ham get a set piece chance, about the only time they have crossed the halfway line and they keep 5 players back. Moysey playing for a famous 1-0 defeat.

Man of Honour
City haven't been good today but they have so much quality that they just quietly kill teams.
Yep, unfortunately its why they will win the league again and make it 5 times in the last 6. They are rapidly becoming the Bayern Munich of the Premier League

Caporegime
Yep, unfortunately its why they will win the league again and make it 5 times in the last 6. They are rapidly becoming the Bayern Munich of the Premier League

Exactly there is only so many times Liverpool can get punched in the face and still keep fighting.

At least it will be a battle between Newcastle and Man City in 5 years time.

Man of Honour
Exactly there is only so many times Liverpool can get punched in the face and still keep fighting.

At least it will be a battle between Newcastle and Man City in 5 years time.
Everyone really not just Liverpool, whilst its impressive when one team wins the league year on year, I never think its a healthy thing for the league in question. I dont see many positives for the German league that Bayern have won it 10 out of the last 10, or the French League that PSG have won it 8 out of the last 10 or the Dutch league that Ajax have won it 7 out of the last 10. I'm hoping that our league doesnt go that way and that somehow that continuity will be broken, variety is the spice of life they say :)

Soldato
Everyone really not just Liverpool, whilst its impressive when one team wins the league year on year, I never think its a healthy thing for the league in question. I dont see many positives for the German league that Bayern have won it 10 out of the last 10, or the French League that PSG have won it 8 out of the last 10 or the Dutch league that Ajax have won it 7 out of the last 10. I'm hoping that our league doesnt go that way and that somehow that continuity will be broken, variety is the spice of life they say :)
I agree with this of course I'd love us to win league few times on bounce but in general it's not good for the league or neutral fans.

City need some one besides us putting up a fight, be far more exciting if say in last couple weeks there were 5 teams all within a chance

Back
Top Bottom