Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [7th - 12th May 2022]

Soldato
Well that’s not true they lost 3 of the last 7, last year.
One of the last 3 in 2019/20
I'm not sure why folks continually reference last season, it was an abomination for nearly every team, never to be repeated. The league was won in march so they took the foot off the gas in prep for their cl campaign. If anyone had been close to challenging them they would never have lost those.

Permabanned
What a great story it would make if Villa beat or hold Liverpool to a draw tonight. :D

Hoping for a great game at the very least. Feel a little conflicted on it tbh. Beating or holding off Liverpool at home would be a great way to build momentum for the last few games of the season, but I would hate to think it was us who allowed City to jog to the title... the ideal scenario would be for us to loose valiantly tonight but then beat City at the Etihad... such stuff dreams are made of :D

Don
Hoping for a great game at the very least. Feel a little conflicted on it tbh. Beating or holding off Liverpool at home would be a great way to build momentum for the last few games of the season, but I would hate to think it was us who allowed City to jog to the title... the ideal scenario would be for us to loose valiantly tonight but then beat City at the Etihad... such stuff dreams are made of :D
....with Gerrard going full Mourinho with a massive knee slide in the middle of the Etihad pitch. You can see it already.

Caporegime
Gerrard for me is another example of media agenda. Two games ago they were on 37 points and have been stinking up the joint. Couthino plays one good game and it’s inspired by Gerrard and what a fantastic job he’s doing. He isn’t and this forum would have been all over him had it been someone else with the same villa record and the lack of improvement.

The media are desperate for him to be Liverpool manager before they start knocking him down.

Back
Top Bottom