Greenlizard0 PL & FA Cup SF Football Thread ** spoilers ** [20th - 25th April 2024]

Soldato
So Kilman makes a yellow card challenge. We don't get a free kick and the ref plays on even though we don't have the ball.... Then books him once Rice makes a yellow card challenge.
Edit
My wife has informed me we did have the ball after the Kilman challenge and maybe I've had too much to drink.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Wow, there’s low and then there is this. So you lose a game and because of that you want to send one of your players to the Ukrainian front line, are you right in the head?
Come on man, it's in jest obviously.

Perhaps my humour is a bit dark.

Last edited:
Soldato
woeful game, aint seen us play that bad in yrs, lost voice screaming at players, how hell we won gawd only knows :cry:
PXL-20240420-181603036.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Strange one today, I want Coventry to win and to win the cup but feel like Utd will trash them. The strange thing for me is that I feel like Cov will/would have a better chance against City than what United would do. You’d hope they could hold out then smash and grab it like the Wigan game and it’ll be intense throughout whereas if United get there, it’s going to be a dull fest where City run out comfortable winners with ether a close score game or hammer them.

Associate
It must be such an amazing feeling for Coventry players and staff today. I think it's going to be a great game with all of United's injuries in defense again, will make it interesting!

Soldato
It must be such an amazing feeling for Coventry players and staff today. I think it's going to be a great game with all of United's injuries in defense again, will make it interesting!
The thing about this United team is they will stick to the plan.

Issue being only ETH knows what this plan is :confused:

Soldato
Strange one today, I want Coventry to win and to win the cup but feel like Utd will trash them. The strange thing for me is that I feel like Cov will/would have a better chance against City than what United would do. You’d hope they could hold out then smash and grab it like the Wigan game and it’ll be intense throughout whereas if United get there, it’s going to be a dull fest where City run out comfortable winners with ether a close score game or hammer them.

I dunno. There was decent drama/contest in the game last year.

Remember we were driving back to the UK and kept trying to find a bar on the French west coast that were showing it!

Last edited:
Soldato
Really I have no idea.

It looked obvious in real time, more so with replays.

Guessing VAR watch the replays in 'fast motion' or something..
Do it in super speed and its clear. It isnt even debateable...that what just baffles me. I havent seen a single person or pundit say it isnt a penalty. Stinker...again.

Soldato
Do it in super speed and its clear. It isnt even debateable...that what just baffles me. I havent seen a single person or pundit say it isnt a penalty. Stinker...again.
Yeh it's bonkers...

Chelsea were on the front foot and assuming the penalty was scored then they have a chance of silverware in a umm.. 'challenging' season.

So it is a big deal that will be forgotten if City win the Cup.

I'm of the opinion now that VAR was a mistake and should be gotten rid of.

Saying that however, it does seem to work a lot better in Europe so I dunno.

Yesterday's decision was crap, no other way to describe it.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'm of the opinion now that VAR was a mistake and should be gotten rid of.

I would rather have a system that makes some mistakes than the old one which made loads. We just see them a lot more now because VAR looks at lots of stuff so we have a few minutes ourselves to watch replays and then because of VAR its a much hotter topic when there is a mistake.

Going back to no VAR now would be a nightmare and I think people have forgotten quite how often poor decisions were made. We would have a weird situation where we expect the higher standards of VAR but without the ability to rectify massive mistakes.

Soldato
I don’t know why, but based on our performances for the entirety of this season, I have a sneaking suspicion that this game will be… painful. :cry:

Like, excruciatingly so.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom