Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [13th - 15th April 2024]

Caporegime
The Arsenal defensive stats and balance when attacking is too good to ignore. They'd need a serious blunder to derail that I think.
Etihad game was a missed opportunity considering the circumstances but they won't be bothered if keep plaiying like they have

let them continue been written off ALL season mate who cares

Best defense in the league
Best offensive record in the league

Wont even get credit if we win the league mate but again who cares

Enjoy the game today

You evidently, lmao

Last edited:
Caporegime
Klopp should have announced he was going at end of season, in the middle of it is a big distraction.

It was going to be leaked. If we didn't have an absurd injury crisis and this played out the exact same I'd say its a very weak excuse/rationale for this occurring but alas we'll never know

Man of Honour
I bet you weren’t writing yourself off before today
I was half and half, I said that if we lose any more points it would be over and we did (I actually won 45 quid because I bet on Palace to win, so part of me thought it would happen).

At this point in time (not that I should even have to justify my prediction, but I will anyway), I think Arsenal will drop more points than City. But as I say, we will see wont we.

Soldato
I was half and half, I said that if we lose any more points it would be over and we did (I actually won 45 quid because I bet on Palace to win, so part of me thought it would happen).

At this point in time (not that I should even have to justify my prediction, but I will anyway), I think Arsenal will drop more points than City. But as I say, we will see wont we.
out of interest

whats your theory behind us dropping points?

given our current points record this year

Soldato
Just catching up with the thread. Didn’t see the game but seen results.

What a way to kick start the fair well tour. :cry:

We should have known they where bad since United beat them!

Last edited:
Caporegime
You'd think Arsenal had lost and Liverpool yet to play in here :D

out of interest

whats your theory behind us dropping points?

given our current points record this year

I think you guys will manage to do it based on City looking weaker to the eye this year and yourselves very well improved defensively and balanced.

That said you had 3 points more at the same stage last season, City historically finish very strongly in these close run ins (also get very favourable decisions :) ) and Arsenal showed the exact opposite this year. It isn't an outlandish thought by anyone to think City are probably still favourites

Soldato
You'd think Arsenal had lost and Liverpool yet to play in here :D

I think you guys will manage to do it based on City looking weaker to the eye this year and yourselves very well improved defensively and balanced.

That said you had 3 points more at the same stage last season, City historically finish very strongly in these close run ins (also get very favourable decisions :) ) and Arsenal showed the exact opposite this year. It isn't an outlandish thought by anyone to think City are probably still favourites

They probably are, plus Arsenal have a slightly harder run in.

But assuming we win today, tiny advantage Arsenal.

Last edited:
Soldato
Unless we get super lucky and both drop pts and we suddenly start scoring we’re out of the title race

I said it last week when we drew with Utd that’s our title chances gone

If my gut is right and we’re done now I’d much prefer seeing Arsenal win the league.

Until City answer charges nothing they win means anything as far as I’m concerned

Caporegime
Unless we get super lucky and both drop pts and we suddenly start scoring we’re out of the title race

I said it last week when we drew with Utd that’s our title chances gone

If my gut is right and we’re done now I’d much prefer seeing Arsenal win the league.

Until City answer charges nothing they win means anything as far as I’m concerned

No one cared before the charges existed either lol.

They are basically the 'lol one of my actual rivals lose the title' team. I'm sure years to come when fans who know nothing different won't share the same perspective but in my lifetime their achievements are not that interesting.
Not to say Pep hasn't done some incredible stuff but it seems hard not to mention the infinite resources

Don
I wasn't able to watch the game so can't comment on today but the last 6-8 weeks have been a grind for us. I said a couple of weeks back that the next 2 weeks were key, we needed to find a way to get through those games and then hopefully kick-on in the final month once we've got more players available and 100% fit. Unfortunately we couldn't do it and barring a miracle that's our season pretty much done now. At the start of the season I don't think anybody thought we'd be challenging for the title but we managed to get ourselves in a position where we could have but ultimately we're weren't ready and needed everything to go our way and it hasn't.

Back
Top Bottom