Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [16th - 19th August 2024]

Not the perfect performance but first game of the season and with key players injured.

My takes. Maguire was solid. The rest did him some good. Casemiro looks back to his best and Martinez didn't get injured.

Left back is still a worry but hopefully we get some form going till the international break.

Zirkzee looks good considering he has had no pre-season.

Maguire was dropping way to deep he isn't it , hopefully don't see him often now with de Ligt and yoro

Mazraoui had a solid debut

only just seen the goal. while obviously not a contender for goal of the season its still a wonderful goal in that i don't think last season we would have scored that as there'd likely not have been anyone in the area for us.

Got to screenshot that!

hj0dRgS.png

I couldn't watch the game as I'm in the middle of nowhere in France. If Garnacho wasn't great, I would consider the fact he was playing on our right where he's less effective than the left?

I couldn't watch the game as I'm in the middle of nowhere in France. If Garnacho wasn't great, I would consider the fact he was playing on our right where he's less effective than the left?
I think he was better on the right last season personally. I didn't think his pressing was as good as Amad's when he came on and obviously big mistake for the open goal at the end.

Back
Top Bottom