Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [21st - 24th December 2023]

Soldato
We really need to stop this gakpo is the Bobby replacement nonsense, he made 3 passes in the 1st half.. 3! Guy adds nothing to the team
I'm pretty sure if that handball decision was for the other team they'd say it wasn't too. It was accidental.
Yeah he 'accidentally' moved his hand to the ball :rolleyes:

Soldato
It was a handball, but you can’t put the entire result and match down to that. That decision didn’t mean you deserved to win ffs. Look at the stats, almost identical. A draw was a very fair result. Save your moaning for your own team who couldn’t score from a 5 v 2 situation.
Who said it was based on that decision? We created the better chances, should have had a clear as day penalty, Saka could have walked on more then one occasion and he bought every single dive Arsenal made. The ref continually allowed Arsenal to break any kind of momentum Liverpool had, im actually surprised he didnt give Havertz a pen for his dive tbh.

I'm pretty sure if that handball decision was for the other team they'd say it wasn't too. It was accidental.
Oh of course it was. He just accidentally knocked it out of Salahs path aswell...it was a penalty. Stone waller.

Soldato
It hit the Villa defenders hand first. Defender accidental isn't a pen. Attacking accidental is a handball if it leads to a goal.

Edit
Not saying i agree with it but it was not a penalty.
That wasnt why your goal was disallowed though was it. They arent remotely comparable lmao.

Caporegime
I’m surprised Van Dijk avoided a yellow when he gestured and asked the ref if he’d been drinking.

That’s far worse than some of the other yellows I’ve seen for dissent this season.

Last edited:
Soldato
Xg lol please.

Clear penalty but was probably a fair result. Salah can't pass.

Have to question how VAR have watched that back and thought, hmmm, defo not a penalty? What even is football anymore?

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought a draw was a fair result. Trent should have scored, and I thought the handball was a pen, but we didn't do enough to say we deserved to win it. And Arsenal flashed a couple across our six yard box which they really should have scored as well.

Soldato
Yet another game this season and it feels like we never look comfy to score

It’s become a worry now, we need regular goals from Nunez and Gakpo

Don
Similar to last seasons match - started poorly but from midway through the first half we were the better side and should have won. The handball decision was a joke - he's clearly moved his arm to the ball and scooped it away but with the standard of officiating this season it's no surprise.

Kostas' injury is a concern - a few journo's are reporting that the club think he's broken his collar bone. Although Klopp said Robertson could be back next month it sounded like we're looking at the end of January and while Gomez is absolutely fine there, expecting him to play every 3-4 days is a bit much and also leaves us with very little cover at both CB and RB.

Back
Top Bottom