Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [21st - 24th December 2023]

Soldato
Rules just seems ridiculous now, even if the keeper could have been able to punch the ball, Sheff Utd got the ball back twice before Bailey scored. Had every opportunity to clear it.

Associate
Tough, tough game last night. I had a feeling going in that with kamara and torres out we would struggle to break an overly defensive side down and that's pretty much what lost us two points. You could see thst the sideways passing, praying to draw players out wasn't working within the first 20 minutes. That it would probably take a worldy outside the box or a creative midfield charge to break them down, both of which were more then capable of. Sadly we just didn't have it last night and fair play to Sheffield, they stuck to their game plan and it paid off. This is what half the leagues going to do to us now, we have to be able to create opportunities through a brick wall going forward.

Not going to bemoan the decisions. We've had a few go our way this season so it's just the game evening itself out. Thought the on field desicions where on point tonight for the most part. I can't even complain about the lack of yellows handed out for time wasting considering it's what we did for most of the last 2 years.

Frustrating of course, but we're still in it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Everyone ready for another terrible performance?

I'd be surprised if we see anything else, West Ham are in great form too.

Man of Honour
West ham got smashed other night and were absolutely dire

In a cup game, their league form is good.

Interesting team, Mainoo starting again and a debut for Kambwala as Varane is ill.

Onana, Wan-Bissaka, Evans, Kambwala, Shaw, Mainoo, McTominay, Fernandes, Antony, Hojlund, Garnacho.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not expecting a United win today. Wham are ok at home now and we are fielding a team that doesn't score and loses 50% of the time. I'd settle for a draw with Rasmus breaking his duck.
Interesting that we now have 4 injured or ill centre backs!

Soldato
In a cup game, their league form is good.

Interesting team, Mainoo starting again and a debut for Kambwala as Varane is ill.

Onana, Wan-Bissaka, Evans, Kambwala, Shaw, Mainoo, McTominay, Fernandes, Antony, Hojlund, Garnacho.
Of course he is lmao. Someone needs to check this lads vitamin levels. Whats wrong with him now?

Soldato
Bit of a tepid start from both teams.
Garnacho always looks to do something positive. United fans making more noise than the home support.

Soldato
The team/squad not just the bench.

People should lose their jobs over it.
The only thing I'd say in their defence is that football is now such a system sport.

People like Mane, Firmino, Jota, Robbo etc didn't go to Liverpool and become top class just because Klopp is great at developing players (although he is), they were made to look like top players because they fitted precisely into what Klopp wanted to do. Liverpool have a system, and became at least for a time unbelievable at identifying the perfect players for that system.

Since Fergie United simply haven't had a system, which means that nobody is ever going to be made to look like more than the sum of their parts at the club.

So I agree that people should lose their jobs, but to me the failure isn't necessarily buying objectively low quality players, but a failure to identify and follow a clear system and structure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom