Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [24th - 25th August 2024]

In an ideal world, the officials would have the leeway for the most random and unlikely scenarios (rules will never capture everything) to say goal. It's not in the spirit of football to chalk that off. Crazy game at times
You can’t interpret rules loosely like that, it would be completely unfair and would cause a mountain of problems

Very rare to see Bruno coming off. Particularly when we need that little bit of magic / improvisation.

Last edited:
You can’t interpret rules loosely like that, it would be completely unfair and would cause a mountain of problems

I wouldn't call that situation interpreting the rules loosely. Clearly the rule isn't fit for purpose, if that situation was happening every weekend, the rules would be changed. It's only because it's random and rare that we won't.

PS, i'm not suggesting we change the rules. Just expressing how i think it's a bit crazy that a goal like that can be chalked off. it is what it is

Last edited:
It's so frustrating seeing professional footballers be so easily offside like Amad was then. Look down the line, it's not rocket science

Last edited:
I wouldn't call that situation interpreting the rules loosely. Clearly the rule isn't fit for purpose, if that situation was happening every weekend, the rules would be changed. It's only because it's random and rare that we won't.
I guarantee you however often it happened that the rules would be changed.

Just seen the disallowed goal. That is ridiculous but its also the rules. As some have said, it would be nice to use common sense but thats just a rabbit hole, especially with the poor quality of refs we have.

Just seen the disallowed goal. That is ridiculous but its also the rules. As some have said, it would be nice to use common sense but thats just a rabbit hole, especially with the poor quality of refs we have.
It's also hard to draw a line between that and the goal where Nani took it off Ronaldo. Zirkzee's was clearly accidental and Nana's clearly deliberate, but there will be ones which aren't clear and what happens then? Makes more sense to disallow all of them

Back
Top Bottom