Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [2nd - 4th March 2024]

I’ve said it for weeks and each week nothing much changes I’m always left wondering what he offers us?
His biggest problem is that what he does offer us, is in threat because there are young players breaking through who can do what he does and that, combined with the potential income from selling him (we'd still get a nice dollop of dosh for him) puts him in a very precarious position in the eyes of a new incoming manager

His biggest problem is that what he does offer us, is in threat because there are young players breaking through who can do what he does and that, combined with the potential income from selling him (we'd still get a nice dollop of dosh for him) puts him in a very precarious position in the eyes of a new incoming manager
I think he is the one who will have hardest job of impressing the next manager tbf.

Gakpo's our 5th choice forward, you'll be hard pushed to get somebody better than him for that spot in the squad. Yes it's absolutely been a grind for him lately but as I said in my post after the game, a front 3 of him, Diaz and Elliott is completely unbalanced. Gakpo isn't an out and out centre forward. He wants to drop deep and that would be fine if you've got Nunez, Salah and or Jota playing alongside/around him making diagonal runs into the areas he vacates but Diaz and Elliott aren't going to do that and our attack just looks dead as a result.

He's a squad player that can play a few positions and with the right players around him is still a decent enough player.

Just back from the game, and a much better performance, looks like Eddie has finally realised that with no Joelinton to cover Burn we need to sit deeper and hit on the break, which we did to great effect today, must say I’m quick to bash referee’s, but today I though he was very good(not just because we won) let the game flow wasn’t quick to book both teams and TBH we rarely heard his whistle.

If Villa can see this result through and the result goes the way most people expect tomorrow, that could be at least top 5 boxed for them and that could mean CL.

Back
Top Bottom