Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [2nd - 4th March 2024]

Don
See the ref also ****** up massively on the restart not giving the ball back to forest
Re the first incident, are you referring to the Forest player kicking Konate in the head? He should have been sent off. If you're referring to the challenge between Gomez and the Forest player, two reasons it wasn't and won't be given - firstly the Forest player begins by pulling Gomez and secondly because he's not challenging for the ball. VAR will only award fouls from set-plays in the event they have a consequence, it's the same reason Utd's goal vs Forest in the Cup stood and likewise why we weren't given a pen today when Danns was fouled.

As for the restart I'm hoping Dale Johnson covers it on Monday and explains the rule as the ref done the exact same thing in the first half when Yates(?) went down with a head injury following our corner, when we were still in possession and restarted by giving the Forest keeper the ball. I've read something on twitter (I've no idea if they know what they're talking about) that says if the last touch before the ref stops the game is in the penalty area then the game restarts with the ball given to the keeper.

Don
If you were wrongly given a penalty, would you be happy if the referee evened it out for the other team later in the game? I doubt it.
Of course you'd not be happy but equally you'd struggle to criticise the ref for costing you the game if he's given 1 major error each way.

And just on my tongue in cheek comment about the foul on Konate above, looking back at the incident, it actually could and should have been a red for Forest. The Forest player studs up, at pace, kicks Konate straight in the side of the head and it's not as if Konate was particularly stooping down or anything, it was a full blown karate kick to the head.
GHsaFkiWsAA1PrL.jpeg

Soldato
Just watched Newcastle on demand. Great performance and result. Howes subs were spot on and felt he got everything right today. They all played well but Bruno for me again ran the show, especially in that mid part of the second half when someone really had to get hold of the game. He was everywhere. Won the ball a yard from our goal line then ended up having the shot that Isak got the first goal from.
Trippier injury is a concern although Livramento played very well when he came on and what a stunning strike for his first goal for the club!

Pet Northerner
Don
Just watched Newcastle on demand. Great performance and result. Howes subs were spot on and felt he got everything right today. They all played well but Bruno for me again ran the show, especially in that mid part of the second half when someone really had to get hold of the game. He was everywhere. Won the ball a yard from our goal line then ended up having the shot that Isak got the first goal from.
Trippier injury is a concern although Livramento played very well when he came on and what a stunning strike for his first goal for the club!
Having a usable bench is certainly helping us make changes to react to changes in the game. Having Willock and Barnes back has been massive for us

Soldato
People still bleating on about that? Ignoring the ref did the same thing for forest do they realise there was 2 minutes, multiple passes, a throw in from our half and a corner? I love a good **** boil

If you really want to go down that route the ref and var have made a mistake by not awarding us a free kick for dangerous play by the forest player as he's out of control with the crazy head height lunge.

Soldato
People still bleating on about that? Ignoring the ref did the same thing for forest do they realise there was 2 minutes, multiple passes, a throw in from our half and a corner? I love a good **** boil

If you really want to go down that route the ref and var have made a mistake by not awarding us a free kick for dangerous play by the forest player as he's out of control with the crazy head height lunge.
He was nowhere near the Liverpool player, see above

Soldato
He was and its still dangerous play
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: he was a good 2 feet away from the the player and was nowhere near making contact, it’s funny that you always have to say it wasn’t a referees mistake when you get handed a victory on a plate, when a bad decision goes against you the world is against you and the worlds ending, but when you on the right end of a bad decision it’s fully justified and you always find a way to believe it was the right decision anyway.

Soldato
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: he was a good 2 feet away from the the player and was nowhere near making contact, it’s funny that you always have to say it wasn’t a referees mistake when you get handed a victory on a plate, when a bad decision goes against you the world is against you and the worlds ending, but when you on the right end of a bad decision it’s fully justified and you always find a way to believe it was the right decision anyway.
2 feet? Need your eyes testing there fella.

It's funny when 'a bad decision' goes in favour for Liverpool its corruption, LiVARpool etc etc and yet when one goes against us its every team gets bad decisions, stop whinning etc. Again there was 2 minutes, multiple passes, a throw in from our half and a corner between the incident and the goal.

The cartman tears meme has never been more applicable.

Last edited:
Don
woppy does the same thing most weeks, he ignores the fact it was a foul for Liverpool, he ignores the fact that the ref done the same thing at the other end of the pitch, giving Forest the ball in the same circumstances and he'll ignore the fact that (as of 2 weeks ago) there was a report detailing the 20 recorded VAR errors this season 20% of them have gone against Liverpool and he'll bang on about Forest not getting a drop ball in their favour 2 minutes before Liverpool scored, despite the fact that Forest cleared the initial ball forward from Kelleher, cleared the corner that resulted from a Liverpool move beginning from a throw-in in our own half and even cleared the Kostas shot that followed the clearance from the corner. They just gave the ball away for the 4th time in the 4th phase of play after the incident. Liverpool didn't get an obvious corner earlier in the game @woppy101, I assume we were robbed.
:cry: Drop ball mistake from the ref getting plenty of coverage from media this morning
This is entirely the reason why Forest employed Clattenburg. Even in Clattenburg's talk to the press after the game, he points out the ref done the same thing earlier in the game too.

Soldato
woppy does the same thing most weeks, he ignores the fact it was a foul for Liverpool, he ignores the fact that the ref done the same thing at the other end of the pitch, giving Forest the ball in the same circumstances and he'll ignore the fact that (as of 2 weeks ago) there was a report detailing the 20 recorded VAR errors this season 20% of them have gone against Liverpool and he'll bang on about Forest not getting a drop ball in their favour 2 minutes before Liverpool scored, despite the fact that Forest cleared the initial ball forward from Kelleher, cleared the corner that resulted from a Liverpool move beginning from a throw-in in our own half and even cleared the Kostas shot that followed the clearance from the corner. They just gave the ball away for the 4th time in the 4th phase of play after the incident. Liverpool didn't get an obvious corner earlier in the game @woppy101, I assume we were robbed.

This is entirely the reason why Forest employed Clattenburg. Even in Clattenburg's talk to the press after the game, he points out the ref done the same thing earlier in the game too.

That specific ref made the same mistake twice in the same game, think the more important thing to hight is that he possibly doesnt understand that rule! Shouldn't really be possible in the prem.

Back
Top Bottom