Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [2nd - 4th March 2024]

Caporegime
The amount of tears being shed this morning make it an even sweeter victory tbh, I'll happily take 11 more like that this season.

Edit: Tierney doesn't ref, he reacts. The amount of times he waited to see the outcome of a challenge before blowing yesterday was shocking but these are the standards Webb's setting now. Cluster bomb the lot.

Last edited:
Soldato
So, emotions ahead of the derby?

I will go into it with my usual expectations of an absolute hiding, but smidgen of hope that we might cling on and make a game of it.

Think we might compete with our first XI but KDB is going to tear our reserve defence a new one.

Soldato
So, emotions ahead of the derby?

I will go into it with my usual expectations of an absolute hiding, but smidgen of hope that we might cling on and make a game of it.

Think we might compete with our first XI but KDB is going to tear our reserve defence a new one.
What do the man utd fans want? Take points off the title favourites potentially helping Liverpool in the race or roll over and keep city nice and close to be able to go above them when city win next weekend.

Associate
The state of people thinking Tierney is pro Liverpool in any way. Maybe if the FA had listened to Liverpool and never given him another match, this problem wouldn't have happened.

No one will read it because it doesn't fit the rage, but Paul Tompkins did a detailed breakdown on how dodgy he is, that was ignored because respect the referee and only dirty foreigner leagues are corrupt

Last edited:
Don
I'm not sure anybody is suggesting Tierney was pro Liverpool, simply incompetent and tbf, he is. He made a number of mistakes throughout the game, whether that be the drop-ball(s), failing to spot a kung-fu kick and a number of run of the mill calls.

Soldato
Nottingham Forest owner Evangelis Marinakis chased referee Paul Tierney down the tunnel after Liverpool's late winner!

HTFdFCG.jpg

Apparently Tierney broke into a slow jog at one point and also stopped to tie his shoelaces up... :D

Associate
I'm not sure anybody is suggesting Tierney was pro Liverpool, simply incompetent and tbf, he is. He made a number of mistakes throughout the game, whether that be the drop-ball(s), failing to spot a kung-fu kick and a number of run of the mill calls.
I didn't quote anyone here, I just meant the general media narrative over the game last night and this morning. There's plenty of LiVARpool and the refs helping Klopp to win as usual.

Don
I didn't quote anyone here, I just meant the general media narrative over the game last night and this morning. There's plenty of LiVARpool and the refs helping Klopp to win as usual.
It's to be expected. When City win it's because Abu Dhabi paid somebody or when Utd win it's because somebody felt sorry for them. Twitter is full of lunatics and the media need to create a narrative. We never look at decisions that have gone against the side that won because ultimately nobody cares - it's why certain people genuinely believe this "sky 6"/refs giving decisions to the big teams nonsense. Decisions go against all these sides too however we usually don't talk much about it as they more often than not go on to win.

Admittedly some people have gone slightly ott with wild claims that such a minor decision (which should have been a foul for us anyway) "handed us victory on a plate" but most people have laughed off these comments and pointed out that Forest had more than enough opportunity to defend the attack several phases later.

Associate
Agreed, in the form Man Utd are currently in I just don't see them getting anything out of today's game - will probably be beaten 2, 3 nil without mustering any sort of response.

Soldato
Just checked Man City stadium capacity, out of morbid curiosity, and found out it was built in 2002.... Never realised it was that old. Thought it was about 10-12 years old for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom