Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [31st Aug - 1st September 2024]

No chance, only difference between the two teams has been Casemiro so far.

United have generally played pretty well and limited our chances.

Casemiro off at HT and an early goal and this could easily end up 3-2.

Who will score our goals though, that's another issue beyond Casemiro's shocker.

I do think we're pretty limited in terms of goalscoring, Rashford is awful, Garnacho is hit and miss, and Zirkzee is still new/questionable.

Technically Hillsborough (the sun was right) but the specifics of it don’t really matter

Doesn't really make much sense though as Liverpool fans didn't do anything wrong at Hillsborough.

But regardless, all of these chants are just stupid and unacceptable.

This feels like it could ens similar to the 7-0.

Liverpool slice united open when they want, zirkzee offers 0 up front for United. They look lost once they get it on the wing.

Salah really the difference, he's just so good. That and our resident pie eater has decided to self destruct. Quite impressed by De Ligt, Nacho looks lively but we get nothing from Marcus and Zirkzee is a passenger. Could be a long 2nd half

So far so good, bit sloppy at times but 2-0 up and still the only premier side not to have conceded. Now I just need Salah to commit a foul and have a shot on target in the 2nd half to win £400 and make it a good Sunday :)

Even first 20, but ultimately the quality of our players has shown.

I'm unbelievably impressed by Slot so far. I loved Klopp, and don't think any other manager could have taken us from where we were to where we are now, but in the last couple of years it often felt like we had a beautiful attack but never the control to feel comfortable in a game like this. Under Slot, unless United up it significantly, this feels pretty comfortable now. The game management feels much better.

I don't think Slot can (at least yet) do what Klopp did to the top clubs from time to time, but against most opposition his recipe for winning feels a lot more repeatable than Klopp's did. Very, very early days of course, and this isn't critical of Klopp at all, but I like what I'm seeing.

Doesn't really make much sense though as Liverpool fans didn't do anything wrong at Hillsborough.

But regardless, all of these chants are just stupid and unacceptable.

I’m not saying there was a great deal of logic to their lyrics but that lie was and is still believed about Hillsborough to this day despite the inquests

Anyway there should be a significant amount of folks banned for life in that stadium, free up a load of season tickets for better people

I suppose looking on the bright side, we have got a proper replacement for the main problem in this game (Ugarte for Casemiro).

Still don't know where our goals will be coming from this season, all down to Hojlund if he can stay fit - and Bruno penalties.

Back
Top Bottom