Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [4pm 19th May 2024]

Man of Honour
I think I'm in trouble. I just went in the ManU thread and posted -1

:cry:

ye9vasn.gif

Soldato
Not a completely unexpected set of results. 27 points would have kept you in the league this season, can't remember the bar ever being that low. Same next year I'd reckon, that 40 point marker is long gone.

Edit* Technically 27 would get you relegated. What I meant was Forest could have stayed up with 27. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I would say so considering our injuries in our back 4 are the worst out of any of the big 6.
How many combinations at the back? 13? We had far more and finished in the top 4. Its just a poor excuse for a manager who is useless. We all know playing Casemiro, well full stop, but at cb is a disaster waiting to happen to what does he do? Play him multiple times.

Soldato
How many combinations at the back? 13? We had far more and finished in the top 4. Its just a poor excuse for a manager who is useless. We all know playing Casemiro, well full stop, but at cb is a disaster waiting to happen to what does he do? Play him multiple times.
Think they had 13 cb pairings and 24ish back 5 lineups, of course when we had 25 cb pairings alone in our injury hit season it was injuries happen, still funny they finished with -1 gd though :D

Man of Honour
The insane thing of it yesterday was that if it wasnt for that one Liverpool season, Man City wouldnt be celebrating 4 in a row yesterday, they would be celebrating 7 in a row.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Leverkusen are unlikely to have anywhere near as good a season next year. Their squad will probably be picked apart as they have some absolute quality players in there. They won't be as jammy with the ridiculous number of goals they got in extra time either. I imagine Bayern will come back stronger next year as well.

Don
Leverkusen are unlikely to have anywhere near as good a season next year. Their squad will probably be picked apart as they have some absolute quality players in there. They won't be as jammy with the ridiculous number of goals they got in extra time either. I imagine Bayern will come back stronger next year as well.
I'm not sure they're going to lose too many players. You'd imagine as part of Alonso agreeing to stay that he'd have wanted and been given assurances that he'll be allowed to build on this season.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'm not sure they're going to lose too many players. You'd imagine as part of Alonso agreeing to stay that he'd have wanted and been given assurances that he'll be allowed to build on this season.

Wirz must have half of Europe after him. Absolute star of a player. He would be a huge loss for them. Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out regardless.

Soldato
Think real are sniffing around Frimpong as well, phenomenal rb.

Which of course works out well for when alonso goes to them in 2025 :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom