Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [9th - 10th December 2023]

Don
I was waiting for you bud. My reply was in response to Howe make more subs. :D what subs? Your almost as bad as Klop last season.

Can’t keep my name out your mouth just like Klop couldn’t help mouthing about the toon :p
I wouldn't comment if your posts didn't make me laugh. Your hypocrisy is next level. When a Newcastle supporter commented on Liverpool injuries last season your reply was "can't keep blaming injuries" and here we are with your 1000th post blaming Newcastle getting beat on injuries :D The fact that you said you don't like talking about injuries while never shutting up about them makes it extra funny :p

Soldato
I wouldn't comment if your posts didn't make me laugh. Your hypocrisy is next level. When a Newcastle supporter commented on Liverpool injuries last season your reply was "can't keep blaming injuries" and here we are with your 1000th post blaming Newcastle getting beat on injuries :D The fact that you said you don't like talking about injuries while never shutting up about them makes it extra funny :p
:D how long were you lurking in the shadows waiting with that post :D

/tickle /tickle

And again I’m just replying to “make more subs” not my fault there is none /shrug

Ands what’s the reason why?

I don’t like blaming them and so I don’t. We could have did better in the quite a few games this season. It’s only now were the players actually look like they are done.

I can blame player fatigue:p

Last edited:
Don
I've barely been around all weekend, I just logged in to find the next from last post in the thread, you not liking talking about injuries.

As for who could have been subbed or rotated. The likes of Ritchie, Hall, Krafth and Dummett all could and should have played more minutes in recent weeks. You might argue that they're not as good as the ones who started but injuries and managing your squad, knowing who to rest and when is all part of big boys football.

Soldato
I've barely been around all weekend, I just logged in to find the next from last post in the thread, you not liking talking about injuries.

As for who could have been subbed or rotated. The likes of Ritchie, Hall, Krafth and Dummett all could and should have played more minutes in recent weeks. You might argue that they're not as good as the ones who started but injuries and managing your squad, knowing who to rest and when is all part of big boys football.
You’re going to fall your seat with my reply but I’m just replying to you lol

Dummett is a permanent crock. He’s was actually decent versus Milan so I can only assume he’s not 100%

Krafth is just returning from a year out with severe rupture of his cruciate ligament.

Richie and Hall you’re correct. Probably should be getting more game time.

Last edited:
Don
You’re going to fall your seat with my reply but I’m just replying to you lol

Dummett is a permanent crock. He’s was actually decent versus Milan so I can only assume he’s not 100%

Krafth is just returning from a year out with severe rupture of his cruciate ligament.

Richie and Hall you’re correct. Probably should be getting more game time.
A 30 second search tells me Dummett has been in the squad for every game of this recent run and Krafth the last handful of games too. They don't have to be starting games and playing 90 mins but 20-30 mins here and there to give the others a rest could have made a difference.

Unlike you, I do think you can 'blame' injuries for performances or at least they're a contributing factor however there are decisions managers can make in these times too. It's never an easy decision to make because you always want to put your best side out but sometimes fresh legs trump quality. Again it's not easy and there's always an element of luck involved but knowing when to bring players in and out of the side can help manage your squad during these times. The other danger Newcastle are now facing having run the same group into the ground the last few weeks, is that they end up picking up more injuries going into the festive period.

It'll be interesting to see what Howe does next midweek for the League Cup match. It'll be the ideal chance to rest a number of players but given the number of top sides already knocked out, that's a decent chance of winning a trophy for Newcastle.

Soldato
@BaZ87 Off the top of my head we ****** away 9 points that had nothing to do with injuries. Liverpool, Westham and Wolves.

Never got off the Bus against Brighton. Didn’t play well againts the Germans. Spurs and Bournemouth? Yeah we did look tired and you probably could blame those results on injuries.

It’s the worst time of the season to have players out also it probably will become more of a contributing factor.

a wee 3rd round exit from the FA would have been handy for the 4th year running but Sunderland…..

Also I’m totally fine with how the season is so going. Was always going to be tough going.

Associate
Still feeling the buzz from Saturdays night Villa game. Atmosphere was incredible leaving the ground and it's the first time in maybe 20 years I've seen the local crowded out like that. Ran the pumps dry come closing time!

'Easier' run of fixtures coming up but not stupid enough to presume anything's nailed down yet. Still, so proud. My family have extremely close ties with Big Ron Saunders and I know that man would be looking down with the biggest smile right now :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom