Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [11th - 15th January 2019]

Caporegime
Looked stonewall to me, doesn’t mak Sterling’s face any less annoying to see though

Wish Sane was at a cool team

Man of Honour
City have a pretty easy January really, they do have Arsenal and Chelsea at the beginning of February though, so hopefully one or both of them can put the brakes on City a little.

Don
Only just seen the red card. Forget the tackle, look at how many players City have around the ref. Our squad is far too nice, I can't think of one of our players in the refs ear trying to get Kompany sent off the other week. I wish we would have more of that in our game.

Man of Honour
Only just seen the red card. Forget the tackle, look at how many players City have around the ref. Our squad is far too nice, I can't think of one of our players in the refs ear trying to get Kompany sent off the other week. I wish we would have more of that in our game.

Hopefully that's a sign that title race stress is affecting the man city players rather than ours.

Don
A possible League Cup final at the end of Feb, the North London Derby and 2nd leg of the Dortmund tie in early March. What's the odds of Spurs rushing Kane back again? This is his 4th ankle injury in less than 2 and a half years, he came back much sooner than expected last time but didn't look near his best at the end of last season.

Man of Honour
A possible League Cup final at the end of Feb, the North London Derby and 2nd leg of the Dortmund tie in early March. What's the odds of Spurs rushing Kane back again? This is his 4th ankle injury in less than 2 and a half years, he came back much sooner than expected last time but didn't look near his best at the end of last season.

I know he won the golden boot, but he looked unfit to me at the World Cup.

Kane in general is an odd one for me, you can't dispute he's a great striker, but I don't think he ever looks as good as his stats suggest. I think the Spurs team quite willingly feed him.

Caporegime
I know he won the golden boot, but he looked unfit to me at the World Cup.

Kane in general is an odd one for me, you can't dispute he's a great striker, but I don't think he ever looks as good as his stats suggest. I think the Spurs team quite willingly feed him.

Because other teams don't willingly feed their strikers? It's stupid, he doesn't look super athletic but if you ever really watch very few of his goals are tap ins in the slightest, nor just crosses for a big guy to head in. A large amount of his goals are making space in the box with good quick footwork/thinking and shooting really from any angle and from within reason, anywhere. If you look at his passing as well he's constantly coming up with great passes to play others in behind or through on goal. He's akin to Thomas Mueller, he doesn't look very athletic, he looks a bit gangly and uncoordinated, but he's always aware of where the goal is, where his team mates are, what the best option is at a given time and finds a space to shoot whenever he can.

He's an excellent player who merely looks a bit awkward and weird, he's not a meh player who gets handed goals on a platter and made to look better than he really is, not even close.

Don
The golden boot didn't really tell you much about his performances at the WC but despite that he's still chipping in with more than his fair share of goals, if not quite as many as at this stage of previous seasons. One thing is clear is that he's not the same player of 12+ months ago - I read the other month that he's running less, at lower intensities and shooting less than before. In previous seasons he was only 2nd to Ronaldo in terms of shots per game, shooting on average 5+ times per game - that's down to 3.4 this season. That could simply be down to a change of style of play but it wouldn't surprise me if the workload and injuries are taking their toll on him.

Caporegime
Are ankle transplants are thing? If so Kane can have mine.

Kane needs a break, I doubt there's many players in the PL that have racked up a similar amount of minutes on the pitch in the last 18 months. He was starting to look better, but this injury is a real blow.

Making less runs and shooting less from outside of the box could just be a change in system. He's been dropping deeper back into midfield to drag centre backs out of position, against Cardiff one of their centre backs was just blindly following him up the pitch and made a load of room to run into. He's still taking chances from outside the box, like against Wolves and Chelsea. https://streamvi.com/watch.php?video=1546096935

Back
Top Bottom