Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [13th - 17th September 2019]

Man of Honour
31 attempts by watford to our 7.

Apparently we've conceded more shots than any team across europe's top 5 leagues this season.

Tierny, Holding and Bellerin are all back in the next few weeks, if things don't start improving then I'd rather we don't renew Emery's contract.

Pepe was trash today, but even £72mil players need time to adjust. I can't imagine it's easy with our lack of chances.

Caporegime
And this result shows we are absolutely nowhere top 4 material. Drawing against an utterly **** Watford just says it all.

Defensively we are a total mess, we didn’t need to ***** £70mill on Pepe. That £70mill would have been better spent on a couple of decent defenders.

Emery hasn’t bought wisely this summer and his tactics aren’t suiting us as a team.

Soldato
And this result shows we are absolutely nowhere top 4 material. Drawing against an utterly **** Watford just says it all.

Defensively we are a total mess, we didn’t need to ***** £70mill on Pepe. That £70mill would have been better spent on a couple of decent defenders.

Emery hasn’t bought wisely this summer and his tactics aren’t suiting us as a team.

I thought a the time Pepe was a silly signing. Your attack was and is your strongest area...youre a shambles at the back as today has proven. 80 mil gets you two good players.

Any idea why he took Guendozi off? Im not his biggest fan but didnt think he deserved to be taken off.

Soldato
I thought a the time Pepe was a silly signing. Your attack was and is your strongest area...youre a shambles at the back as today has proven. 80 mil gets you two good players.

Any idea why he took Guendozi off? Im not his biggest fan but didnt think he deserved to be taken off.
Which CB can we get for 80m? a Maguire? lol who IMO is slightly better than mustafi (Mustafi actually has better stats then him last season)

Point is, CB's are in high demand and not many are available

Caporegime
I personally couldn’t see the point of signing him. Iwobi was decent, he wasn’t that bad but I guess Emery wanted something different. Saying that we got a great price for Iwobi from Everton :p.

But I’m willing to give him this season to bed in, hopefully he starts showing his worth.

Not sure why Guendozi was subbed off, he was doing well. If anything Luiz should have been subbed off.

But doesn’t matter who plays or doesn’t, if the tactics aren’t right then players will struggle.

Not sure having Bellerin, Holding or Tierney will help as they have been out for some time.

Man of Honour
This entire back 4 is gone come the start of next season. You saw the way we operated in the summer, we'd not only need an affordable target, but the selling club would have to agree to our instalment payment structure.

I rate Holding, and hopefully him and Saliba will form a decent partnership next season.

Guendouzi was caught a few times which is why I imagine he was subbed off, not a decision I agree with mind. That's Emery though.

Soldato
Which CB can we get for 80m? a Maguire? lol who IMO is slightly better than mustafi (Mustafi actually has better stats then him last season)

Point is, CB's are in high demand and not many are available

Maguire is overrated but hes better then Mustafi lol.

Tyrone Mings went to Villa for 23 mil, hed be your best cb.

Gary Cahill went for free...would arguably be your best cb

Lloyd Kelly went for 13 mil...maybe not a player for now but still...a good cb.

I think you're forgetting how bad you are at the back. When Luiz is your best defender you have problems...big ones. You really dont think you cant get a good cb for 80 mil then...wow.

Back
Top Bottom