Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [14th - 19th September 2018]

Soldato
Xhaka looks a much better player with Torreira on to cover for his mistakes

I'd be somewhat kinder and say that relieving Xhaka of a job he's not good at, by having a player that more or less lives for that role, at least allows him to play to his strengths at bit more. I know Torreira went off for Uruguay as a precaution for an ankle thing, so not having him start might have been something to do with that, but I'd hope that the team that walked out for the 2nd half is our preferred XI.

Soldato
What an incredibly frustrating 90 minutes of football that was to watch :p

Glad we got the 3 points - but fair play to Huddersfield, they never gave up and ultimately really controlled the game.

I hate to agree with the media, but right now, it feels like we genuinely are a one man band. Without Zaha, we would be in big trouble :(

fez

fez

Caporegime
Oh come on guys, Vertongan didn't do that intentionally it was just bad luck. The number of times two players are fighting for the ball and arms are up means this sort of thing will eventually happen. Thats nasty but not intentional.

Associate
Oh come on guys, Vertongan didn't do that intentionally it was just bad luck. The number of times two players are fighting for the ball and arms are up means this sort of thing will eventually happen. Thats nasty but not intentional.
It's very strange for him to be swinging that arm at Firmino though. I've not been able to rewatch it a bunch but it's not the arm nearest Firmino
He's sort of turned his body 90 degrees and swung out with his hand towards Firmino head.

I don't really understand what very was trying to do but at the end of the day it was reckless and has injured another player. He deserves some form of punishment for his actions. He got away with a fair bit during the game as it was.

Sui

Sui

Soldato

I seem to recall he swung both arms at head height? That ain't normal. I might be recalling it wrong though, either way, I hope Firmino is okay.

fez

fez

Caporegime
We've started pretty well against Watford. Good pace and energy to our play. Our kit looks like the kit man stuck something red in with the white wash though.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I dread to think how many goals we would have scored over the years if we had someone who could cross a ball even as well as a 10 year old instead of Valencia.

Associate
The second arm swing was the weird one. Lots of players do it, and it’s dangerous. He obviously didn’t mean to gouge his eyes, but it’s the sort of things players do where they don’t mind ‘accidentally’ hitting a player.
Vert has history with the old face gouge as well and this isn't the first time he's done something like this. While I agree that he didn't go for the eye he knew he was going to ground so tried to take Firmino down with him wildly flailing at his head.

For me that's enough grounds for a ban. Mane got his red card and 3 match ban for his accidental high foot to the head after all. Not for Intent but for recklessness and the injury it caused.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I want to shake Valencia most of the time he is on the pitch. Loads of space behind their defence and he just stands there like a lemon until Fellaini passes it 3 yards to him and he can pass it backwards as usual. Such a ****** frustrating player and we will improve so much down that side when he is replaced.

Back
Top Bottom