Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [17th - 22nd August 2018]

Man of Honour
Got to laugh at the palace fans chanting cheat at Salah...cause like yeah...if anyone has a reputation for cheating, its Salah right? Yeah....sure. Idiots. But then again, these are people who made the **** hand gesture at Salah when he shot over the bar earlier in the half, like they could score 10 goals in a premier season let alone 32.

Caporegime
There was some kicking but his phased fall makes it a dive for me.

You mean like stumbling from being kicked over and trip? Strangely most players aren’t sent airborne and hit the ground

Tbh upon replay it isn’t even ‘phased’ as you describe. He’s kicked, stumbles and kicked again and it trips him

Caporegime
Its a clear dive but Sakho is hacking at him.... is it enough for a grown man to fall over, of course not, but that doesn't matter these days.

Sakho is crap, the game is soft, nothing new to see here.

Soldato
Kick salah multiple times and salah initially didn't go down until the second kick by sakho, was a penalty easy decision.

Keita has been outstanding aside from the one sloppy pass.

Caporegime
Its a clear dive but Sakho is hacking at him.... is it enough for a grown man to fall over, of course not, but that doesn't matter these days.

Do you get a penalty if you don’t go down there but being impeded by being kicked and held?
(I mean you’re wrong about the dive but I’ll entertain your suggestion that he and another option)

Soldato
You mean like stumbling from being kicked over and trip? Strangely most players aren’t sent airborne and hit the ground

Tbh upon replay it isn’t even ‘phased’ as you describe. He’s kicked, stumbles and kicked again and it trips him

Oh I get that, but would Oliver have given it had he fallen over theatrically? I doubt it. I think it's a problem with what constitutes a foul at the moment, if they simply had guts and gave fouls for kicking and grabbing this wouldn't be as much a problem.

Don

Sakho is crap, the game is soft, nothing new to see here.
If Salah doesn't go to ground there do you think the ref gives the foul? Of course he doesn't which is why I've said the same thing for years, if a player is being fouled then he has ever right to go down.

Caporegime
Do you get a penalty if you don’t go down there but being impeded by being kicked and held?
(I mean you’re wrong about the dive but I’ll entertain your suggestion that he and another option)

Im not wrong at all, it's a dive, he's gone down after the initial contact which isn't anywhere near enough for someone to fall over. When have you ever seen someone naturally fall over like that?

Contact happens, it's part of the game. Some people stay on their feet whilst others throw themselves to the ground.

Caporegime
Im not wrong at all, it's a dive, he's gone down after the initial contact which isn't anywhere near enough for someone to fall over.

Contact happens, it's part of the game. Some people stay on their feet whilst others throw themselves to the ground.

Pardon? He’s gone down after he’s been tripped at the second kick out?

That wrong mentality you have is probably shared by dumb referees, your view is he hasn’t impeded him by holding and kicking him more than once, hence he needs to go down for the ref to give a foul

Caporegime
Pardon? He’s gone down after he’s been tripped at the second kick out?

That wrong mentality you have is probably shared by dumb referees, your view is he hasn’t impeded him by holding and kicking him more than once, hence he needs to go down for the ref to give a foul

He's gone down after the slightest of touches that isn't anywhere near enough to send him down naturally, look at the fall, if you can't see that's fabricated then I don't know what to tell you.

Physical contact happens, as i've said above, if every little touch sends a player over to win a foul then the game is dead.

Don
He's gone down after the slightest of touches that isn't anywhere near enough to send him down naturally, look at the fall, if you can't see that's fabricated then I don't know what to tell you.

Physical contact happens, as i've said above, if every little touch sends a player over to win a foul then the game is dead.
He kicks at his ankles at least two times. There's physical contact and then there's kicking/tripping people. The laws of the game regarding tripping or attempting to trip an opponent are crystal clear, he was fouled. Whether he could have stayed on his feet is another debate and it would be great if players did stay up unless it's physically impossible for them to do so but why should they when officials aren't brave enough to award penalties for the actual foul rather than the reaction of the attacker. If Salah stays up then he's not getting that penalty and he's ended up being penalised for being fouled but being honest.

Soldato
Im not wrong at all, it's a dive, he's gone down after the initial contact which isn't anywhere near enough for someone to fall over. When have you ever seen someone naturally fall over like that?

If a player gets kicked, why should it be their responsibility to stay on their feet? Then you're effectively penalising players for having good balance.

Back
Top Bottom