Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [18th - 22nd January 2019]

Don
Absolutely huge goal for Spurs. To not win today would have dragged them right into the battle for top 4 spots and without Kane, Alli and Son for sometime, you'd be a brave man to bet on them and of all the seasons Spurs need to make top 4, it's this one.
Pawson is a complete chump. I have no idea what he saw when he booked Sanchez and booking Rose for a dive when he was wiped out.
The Rose decision you can put down to a simple mistake but the Sanchez one was mad - he literally does nothing other than get put into a headlock and thrown to the floor.

Soldato
Poch has an Arsene like commitment to his players and it does pay off. Llorente looks horrific (he doesn't have the technique to cover anly lack of match sharpness) but nkoudou looked bright when he came on and the ball he played was great. He does very well working with the squad he has available.

Soldato
Having just seen the incident for the first time, I don't understand how Mitrovic hasn't been sent off or why the ref felt Sanchez deserved a booking. Sanchez shielded the ball well, then Mitro lost it and decided to headlock him, bizarre. I thought Spurs were distinctly average today, they desperately need Son back asap.

Caporegime
Nah that's just gooner talk.

Bl0oDy SpUDs :confused:

This was after the yellow for the headlock, Pawson needs to GTFO.

qEMqiu3.gif

Last edited:

Sui

Sui

Soldato
That's not a yellow, he's just trying to take a quick throw in.

I'm not arguing he shouldn't have been sent off, as I think he should have been shown a straight red for the earlier 'challenge'.

Caporegime
It's an off the ball incident so should be a booking really but equally you see pushes like that at every corner and referees don't bat an eyelid.

Don
I'm not sure it's a definite yellow. You see plenty of minor incidents like that which refs don't take action over but it was a ****ing stupid thing to do considering what had gone on before - he could have no complaints had he been sent off.

Back
Top Bottom