Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [19th - 21st August 2016]

Soldato
^ way too early to tell.

57,000 in the stadium today, incredible, wonder what the acoustics will be like. Pitches with running tracks around them don't tend to be that great.
The lower tier of seats roll over the track so they're not that far away. Still not as near as a traditional rectangular stadium though.

Caporegime
Yea they've done quite a good job to try and make it feel more enclosed.

It's still not particularly good for the fans behind goal and near the centre line, they're a good 15-20yrds from the pitch. I bet the corporate facilities are great though...

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Just watched MOTD2 and its nice to see that refs are giving penalties for shirt pulling in the box whilst ignoring blatant dives and fouls. Costa should have seen red for the second time in 2 games and Leicester should have had a penalty when Musa was taken out quite clearly.

It genuinely baffles me how they have basically decided that attackers can do what they like to gain an advantage in the box and perhaps give away essentially a goal kick while if a defender does anything its a penalty. Absolutely retarded that they are cracking down on this.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I've never felt it was that much of an issue. Defenders pull, attackers pull. If its super blatant then the ref could give a penalty. Now they have decided that any contact is a foul and its ridiculous. Its going to favour the bigger teams massively as they will be the ones on the attack a lot more.

Man of Honour
Just listened to Moyes giving his post match interview at the weekend, it's astonishing he was ever our manager. Insanity.

Back
Top Bottom