Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [1st - 4th March 2014]

Caporegime
The system we play doesn't really favour defending so it's not completely surprising we've been shocking at times but on the other hand when you consider we've had three of our four first choice defenders injured for a lot of the season there's massive room for improvement with the personal we already have and I think we'll see a big improvement pretty quick.

Don
The system we play doesn't really favour defending so it's not completely surprising we've been shocking at times but on the other hand when you consider we've had three of our four first choice defenders injured for a lot of the season there's massive room for improvement with the personal we already have and I think we'll see a big improvement pretty quick.

I think our defensive issues are a combination of everything. The (near) all out attacking system doesn't help as well as the injuries and disruption that brings but there's been so many sloppy mistakes and general poor performances from near enough every defender we've got.

The one thing that really worried me vs Swansea but seemed to improve yesterday was the breakdown in communication between the CB's and Mignolet. Mignolet doesn't like leaving his line, whether from crosses into the box and sweeping up balls in behind the back 4. In isolation that's not a huge problem providing everybody knows who's doing what and the CB's know what they need to go for and what they can leave to Mignolet. Against Swansea nobody knew what was going on though - there were several occasions where the CB's were looking to leave it to Mignolet and he didn't want to come. It looked like they'd worked on those issues before yesterday though and Mignolet seemed a lot more willing to sweep up balls in behind.

Caporegime
That's something that can be worked on with a consistent CB pairing. With Sakho, Toure and Agger all partnering Skrtel at various points throughout the season there's never been much communication between the two CBs let alone the keeper. You could argue that's something Mignolet should be addressing regardless of who plays but a solid CB pairing obviously inspires confidence in the keeper, as long as it's not Jones who inspires confidence in no one :o

Soldato
Here's your team news from White Hart Lane. There's two changes from Thursday with Paulinho replaces fellow countryman Sandro while Lennon comes in for Christian Eriksen who has a back injury.

Line-up: Lloris; Naughton, Fryers, Dawson, Vertonghen; Dembele, Paulinho, Lennon, Townsend; Soldado, Adebayor.

Subs: Friedel, Veljkovic, Chadli, Sigurdsson, Sandro, Bentaleb, Kane

Soldato
Lambert again decides not to play Albrighton. Another game of lump the ball forward to Benteke again then I guess. Sick of Lambert. Bring in Laudrup, would rather go down playing decent football than the **** worse than Stoke that we're playing now.

Caporegime
to be fair diddnt stoke take points off of the other top teams this season?

They did over Chelsea earlier in the season at their home, not that any Chelsea fans will mention it:p.

But us losing yesterday was a loss we couldnt afford if we wanted to keep in touch of top place. City have 2 games in hand as well, so they may well end up top in the next few weeks and we may find ourselves back in 4th, a place we deserve looking at our past few performances especially against the big teams...who to this day still cannot beat :(.

Now all we can hope for is Liverpool, Chelsea and City to drop points whilst we gain points. Highly unlikely as looking at our games after the FA Cup game against Everton...its looking pretty grim.

Caporegime
Walcott, injured, plays 6 or 7 games in a row... out for 6 months, genius. Injuries aren't resting, your body is working harder to repair than normal. He hasn't protected anyone sensibly in the past 6-8 years.

How do you know he hasn't protected anyone sensibly. You can have no idea who would have got injured had they played in a game. You seem to know so much about Arsenals medical set up, have you worked there?

I'm pretty sure the people they have employeed have far more in depth knowledge of inuries, rest time and actual damage the player has. Unless you have seen the scans and seen how he has been training how can you know with such certainty that resting Walcott even 1 game in 3 would even mean he's fit now. You can't you are guessing. Besides he's no loss, you have always hated him and thought he was worthless.

All football clubs risk players after injuries. They are doing it on the best advice they have to hand.

So in your expert medical opinion how many games should walcott have been playing after his injury? How many on the trot?

So has Lukaku been rushed back too early doctor? Or Deulofeu, how many games rest should Jag's be having to ensure he's not injured for the world cup. Surely Martinez should have rested him more as he's injured. Or Distin who is 90 years old, surely he should have some time off, Martinez is just asking for trouble.

Show me a manager that doesn't play the percentages with players injuries v risk they will get injured again.

Back
Top Bottom