Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [2 - 4th August 2013]

Associate
I genuinely expect Giroud to be a beast this season. Koshcelmy is a great centreback. Merterspacker is great at reading the game but has the turning circle of a dead horse. Sagna is terrible. Arsenal still need a midfield destroyer.

Caporegime
I was happy with how Sheff Utd played today. Much better tempo to last year. The play also looked much more fluid and relaxed. And hopefully someone realises soon that Porter isn't really a footballer.

I was happy with that though, decent signs so far from us/Weir.

I thought Sheffield United played well, could have won that more comfortably mind, but a bright start :).

Associate
I thought Sheffield United played well, could have won that more comfortably mind, but a bright start :).

Mgguire is a great young centreback at that level and will only continue to get better. The midfielder McDonald (?) really impressed me as well. Brandy looked full of good running as well.

Regarding the sending off, I thought it was a correct decision. The lad went studs first into the SU players torso.

Soldato

I don't think our finishing will remain as poor, Taylor looks a decent striker - and we actually paid a transfer fee for him! So he will start more often than not I imagine.

We do look better this season though, Weir has made some decent changes, it feels like he is working the formation around the players, rather than trying to force players into a role they aren't really fit for. It's been lovely to see through pre season. :)

Caporegime
Sheffield Wednesday went one up, condeded twice in 90 seconds at the end of the second half :(.

Now, in the second half, Barton should have been booked and wasn't for a foul on Helan, then fouls Maghoma in the penalty box and Maghoma is booked for diving, referee got it wrong! :( should have seen Barton booked (sent off if he had not bottled the first yellow against Barton) and a penalty given, bah.

Soldato
YEEEEEEES

94th min! Murphy! Get in. Fully deserved

Can't believe it....Buckley came so close just before as well

****ing handball as well:mad:

Same old though, we were so comfortable for the whole game, in not trouble at all, just missed the cutting edge. Not really bothered though, as I didn't expect to win. I saw enough to be very confident ahead of the season:)

Don
Can't believe it....Buckley came so close just before as well

****ing handball as well:mad:

Same old though, we were so comfortable for the whole game, in not trouble at all, just missed the cutting edge. Not really bothered though, as I didn't expect to win. I saw enough to be very confident ahead of the season:)

Our team completely outplayed you :) id be worried mate ;)

Soldato
Our team completely outplayed you :) id be worried mate ;)

:eek:...were you watching the same game I was....Kenny saved you more than once, and your goal should have been disallowed!

For Oscar's first game of the season, with 32,000 Leeds fans there, I am very encouraged with a narrow loss with the last kick of the game, from a dodgy goal.:p.

Soldato
Sheffield Wednesday went one up, condeded twice in 90 seconds at the end of the second half :(.

Now, in the second half, Barton should have been booked and wasn't for a foul on Helan, then fouls Maghoma in the penalty box and Maghoma is booked for diving, referee got it wrong! :( should have seen Barton booked (sent off if he had not bottled the first yellow against Barton) and a penalty given, bah.

Are you Dave Jones in disguise?

Great day at Loftus Road today, Barton really put a shift in and got a great reaction from the fans which he seemed surprised about (both on the pitch and Twitter).

Back
Top Bottom