Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [21st - 23rd December 2018]

Permabanned
Manchester City will have bad days if they continue this form, and mostly without Aguero, Kevin and David Silva.
Leroy Sane can do it better. The same applies for Sterling. No concentration, at all.

Caporegime
It isn't an agenda. It's quite clear they stopped trying.

"Caption this" said it all.

You mean the Pogba post? The adidas ad that was scheduled to go out automatically and they deleted it as soon as they realised how it could be interpreted? The biggest giveaway was how it was a professional photo, not a selfie. Do you know anything or do you get all your info from the tabloid headlines?

Don
You mean the Pogba post? The adidas ad that was scheduled to go out automatically and they deleted it as soon as they realised how it could be interpreted? The biggest giveaway was how it was a professional photo, not a selfie. Do you know anything or do you get all your info from the tabloid headlines?
It probably was an adidas ad however those that put the tweet out knew the reaction it would get and done so anyway. They'd have to be absolute morons otherwise.

Soldato

Oh behave mate. If you really can't see what was going on at United whilst Jose was in charge I'd give up watching football. The evidence is the league table and the frankly awful performances and clear lack of effort.

"Scheduled" post hahaha...it's a good excuse to be fair.

Caporegime
Oh behave mate. If you really can't see what was going on at United whilst Jose was in charge I'd give up watching football. The evidence is the league table and the frankly awful performances and clear lack of effort.

"Scheduled" post hahaha...it's a good excuse to be fair.

hurr durr, Pogba mean, stop playing. He virus. Every so often I wonder how many people the papers actually fool with clickbait headlines...

How many other weird conspiracy theories do you follow? Fake moon landing?

Don
They're pre-scheduled, it came out on the dot at half past the hour or something. They won't actually put them out live.
It would have been put out by his PR people, you don't think they know exactly what's going on and how it would be interpreted? They could have pulled it before it went out. They knew it was going out and they knew how it would be read.

Anyway, that's just a small part of the overall point being discussed. I personally don't think you can argue that the players stopped playing for him. Utd were regularly dropping points in games where, no matter the set-up either from them or the opposition, they shouldn't have been. The question isn't whether the players stopped playing for the manager but how much was that down to Mourinho's own doing and imo the vast majority of the blame lays at Mourinho's door. How can you get players to go that extra mile for you when you're constantly putting them down, blaming them for loses but taking any glory for yourself?

edit: just quickly on Pogba, he's clearly played the PR game as much as Mourinho has. He's came out with his comments in the past few months knowing they'd cause trouble. Liverpool do a tunnel cam/behind the scenes thing for every home game and after the Utd game Pogba was stood right in front of the camera congratulating every Liverpool player as they left the pitch. Maybe he was just being a really good sportsman but I'm not sure you'll find many players doing that when you've lost to your biggest rival and I got the impression he was doing it for the camera.

Caporegime
I think they need to sort their midfield out first. The ease at which Spurs are having attack after attack, they could have 3 keepers in goal and they're still going to concede.

Need 2016/2017 Wanyama back but I fear after his injuries he'll never be the same again.

Don't think there was much Lloris could do about Sigurðsson's goal, managed to drag it back with a lot of pace. Poor defending a good finishing. Lloris has made some really good saves this year, just his passing gives me kittens.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom