Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [21st - 23rd December 2018]

Man of Honour
It's only Cardiff, so no reason to get carried away. But the team looked different, full backs driving forward, centre backs driving forward, freedom of play, little flicks, touches etc. It was enjoyable to watch, which is something that can't be said for their games for a while.

Play attacking football with freedom and the results will follow.

Exactly. There was a huge difference to the team. We’ve had to endure some awful football and unhappy players, and could quite easily have lost the game had Jose still been in charge.

Caporegime
There's a lot of stats out there to support the claim. Shots on goal, player runs, player distance covered etc.

Which have been the same for 3 seasons. It hasn't suddenly changed. They were playing the Jose wanted them to play, it was nothing to do with lack of effort. This is just spouted by people who only read newspaper headlines.

Soldato
Which have been the same for 3 seasons. It hasn't suddenly changed. They were playing the Jose wanted them to play, it was nothing to do with lack of effort. This is just spouted by people who only read newspaper headlines.

Oh come on. That United yesterday was a completely different team and effort was right up there. no one can tell me those players didn't down tools. Just like Hazard did a few years ago, Pogba and co did the same.

Soldato
That's not a foul lol.

This is why Poch would leave Spurs for me. They need a whole new backline pretty much starting with that goalie of theirs.

Don
I'd argue the gk and CBS could do with strengthening tbh. Perhaps harsh on me

Lol Pickford.
I agree about Lloris, the idea that he's a world class keeper is the biggest myth in football but their defence isn't bad at all. If and when Alderweireld leaves they will certainly need another CB though because while Sanchez looks a decent prospect, he's a bit too erratic at the moment.

Soldato
I agree about Lloris, the idea that he's a world class keeper is the biggest myth in football but their defence isn't bad at all. If and when Alderweireld leaves they will certainly need another CB though because while Sanchez looks a decent prospect, he's a bit too erratic at the moment.

Exactly. Add Rose and Vertonghen missing half of this season's games I don't think I'm far off the mark to be honest

Back
Top Bottom