Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [21st May 2017]

Caporegime
Yea true but when Ozil is around positive players he is a different guy. You can see how awesome the link up when both happy and as soon as Sanchez is complaining the link up play goes away, but I agree with you too in some repect

It's not about positive or happy, Ozil went missing so SO often at Real and in multiple games for Germany, but because the others performed his going missing both mattered less and was mostly ignored. The exact player Ozil is, the exact problems he had for Arsenal I described about him before Arsenal signed him while we were linked to him. I didn't just make up a load of random things that all magically came true, I spoke about why he isn't a great player and where his weaknesses actually are. They stand out more at Arsenal, because of the way Arsenal are in the big games. Ronaldo and others covered Ozil's backside at Real, Khedira, Muller, Bastian and everyone else covered for his going anonymous for entire games for Germany, for Arsenal no one covers for him. But he has always had the same issues. Under heavy pressure from good opposition he's easy to rattle and push out of a game. Of course everyone has good and bad performances, he's not never going to or never had a good performance against a top team, the issue is how often he puts in poorer performances against top teams.

Arsenal, somewhat imploded, Gabriel's tackle was needless and frankly he landed with the trailing foot on the other guys leg, he got injured himself but it was basically a stupid lunging tackle in a game that didn't matter after seeing another CB for us get red carded for an equally stupid tackle in a stupid game. We have an FA cup coming up and neither of our CBs know not to lunge in? These weren't last ditch tackles to save goals, they were absolutely absurd given the situation. There was a 2% chance of Boro not losing, this game was over, 4th was gone but we had a certain FA Cup final but we have two utterly brain dead idiot CBs. Kos has always been reckless, he's just not Xhaka level reckless, Gabriel has always been somewhere in the middle. The more I see replays of that tackle the more I think he should have got a red, the injury saved him from that with refs reluctant to book injured players.

Wenger has gone from saying talk about his future has had zero effect on performances to blaming fans for the atmosphere hurting the players all season. Thing is, the atmosphere stems from the terrible performances and embarrassing losses, the performances don't stem from randomly starting poor atmosphere. But Wenger is once again having a pop at fans.

While he won't take responsibility he won't fix anything.

Soldato
Whatever, people love to hate Chelsea and JT. What's new

For those Liverpool fans out there who despise him, watch this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TknTiyIomOg

20rwnbd.png

2ldui4j.png
Says the legend who slept wit his Co workers missus

Soldato
Says the legend who slept wit his Co workers missus

Wayne Bridge wasn't actually with her at the time. Not condoning it as he was in a relationship at the time.

Anyway, people make mistakes. Whatever you think of him, he's pretty much considered to be the best CB in the history of the PL (if you have a clue what you're talking about)

Soldato
He wasn't actually at Chelsea at the time either but the fahcts don't make for such a juicy story.
Wasnt Bridge an active part of the English setup at that point (I thought that was the "team" the articles referred to at the time, but cant remember)

Not sure Terry was significantly better than Rio or Vidic (and maybe a few other CH's)n the PL up to this point

Don
Not even your biased views can really dispute Terry's quality for 17 or so seasons, Frank. I don't like the guy but playing at the top for the length of time he did shows an immense level of consistency that Vidic or Ferdinand did not possess. They may have been better at their peak but overall, not a chance.

Don
It's difficult to say who was the best defender in the EPL, each player has their better seasons but the majority can't prolong the consistency.

Maybe Vertonghen is still the best defender to the grace the PL.

Don
Has Andy noticed that he was called a Chelsea fan yet? And are we really starting a (semi) sensible debate on the back of a jonneymendoza post?

Soldato
Really hope Arsenal go for the Europa League next year. Keeping Sanchez is imperative, Ozil i'm not so fussed about. Once Chelsea batter our defenceless team next weekend i'm hoping Wenger goes.

Caporegime
To be fair to Terry, he'll never touch Giggs

Although they only got caught being **** bags, there is no way others aren't way worse human beings too (Herrera)

Associate
It's not about positive or happy, Ozil went missing so SO often at Real and in multiple games for Germany, but because the others performed his going missing both mattered less and was mostly ignored. The exact player Ozil is, the exact problems he had for Arsenal I described about him before Arsenal signed him while we were linked to him. I didn't just make up a load of random things that all magically came true, I spoke about why he isn't a great player and where his weaknesses actually are. They stand out more at Arsenal, because of the way Arsenal are in the big games. Ronaldo and others covered Ozil's backside at Real, Khedira, Muller, Bastian and everyone else covered for his going anonymous for entire games for Germany, for Arsenal no one covers for him. But he has always had the same issues. Under heavy pressure from good opposition he's easy to rattle and push out of a game. Of course everyone has good and bad performances, he's not never going to or never had a good performance against a top team, the issue is how often he puts in poorer performances against top teams.

Arsenal, somewhat imploded, Gabriel's tackle was needless and frankly he landed with the trailing foot on the other guys leg, he got injured himself but it was basically a stupid lunging tackle in a game that didn't matter after seeing another CB for us get red carded for an equally stupid tackle in a stupid game. We have an FA cup coming up and neither of our CBs know not to lunge in? These weren't last ditch tackles to save goals, they were absolutely absurd given the situation. There was a 2% chance of Boro not losing, this game was over, 4th was gone but we had a certain FA Cup final but we have two utterly brain dead idiot CBs. Kos has always been reckless, he's just not Xhaka level reckless, Gabriel has always been somewhere in the middle. The more I see replays of that tackle the more I think he should have got a red, the injury saved him from that with refs reluctant to book injured players.

Wenger has gone from saying talk about his future has had zero effect on performances to blaming fans for the atmosphere hurting the players all season. Thing is, the atmosphere stems from the terrible performances and embarrassing losses, the performances don't stem from randomly starting poor atmosphere. But Wenger is once again having a pop at fans.

While he won't take responsibility he won't fix anything.

Yeah, I cant disagree with any of that, I wasnt making a pro Ozil over Sanchez comment though, I was just backing up a comment I made where I said "Yeah it will be a blow but if he doesnt want to be there id rather have Iwobe play his heart out instead. Love Sanchez but something needs to change and he can have just as negative an impact on players as he does a positive one when its a tough night". Could have easily made the same point as having a fully determined and attacking Ramsey or Elneny on the pitch over Ozil too.

Back
Top Bottom