Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [22nd - 28th December 2017]

Don
It's remarkable how Newcastle aren't already condemned to relegation along with Swansea. They've got a Championship squad.

Caporegime
It's remarkable how Newcastle aren't already condemned to relegation along with Swansea. They've got a Championship squad.

It's not like half the players in bottom 1/3rd teams aren't full of similar quality players. There is a bunch of crap in the lower end teams. I mean West Ham are moving up the table, with Moyes, with some half decent players but some proper crap in the squad as well.

Newcastle should be down to at least 10 men though, the fairly (to me) intentional smash on Otamendi in goal was not far off a red either, just took the chance to run full speed into him and led with his arm, jumped into Ota rather than attempting to win the header and he was clearly very late anyway.

THe studs in leg breaker challenge earlier was just a clear as day red card though, didn't even get a yellow, after Newcastle were saying they were going to try to kick City off the park in this game, more crap refereeing.

Soldato
It's not like half the players in bottom 1/3rd teams aren't full of similar quality players. There is a bunch of crap in the lower end teams. I mean West Ham are moving up the table, with Moyes, with some half decent players but some proper crap in the squad as well.

Newcastle should be down to at least 10 men though, the fairly (to me) intentional smash on Otamendi in goal was not far off a red either, just took the chance to run full speed into him and led with his arm, jumped into Ota rather than attempting to win the header and he was clearly very late anyway.

THe studs in leg breaker challenge earlier was just a clear as day red card though, didn't even get a yellow, after Newcastle were saying they were going to try to kick City off the park in this game, more crap refereeing.

I must have missed that. When did that happen? Genuine question.

Don

I agree that West Ham have some crap players, they also have some decent players too though. If you went through their, or any of the other sides down there, squad you wouldn't find it too difficult to name half a dozen players that wouldn't look out of place in most mid table PL squads. You can't say the same for Newcastle or Swansea.

Back
Top Bottom