Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [24th - 27th August 2018]

Man of Honour
Absolutely tragic last night. Shocking when Neville said at half time that it was the most intense we have played in six years, just says it all.

I hate what the club is turning in to, we're becoming the kind of club that under Fergie we used to be able to point and laugh at. We have players holding all the cards in the dressing room, a manager who appears to be on the verge of cracking and being wheeled out in a straight jacket and a boardroom who clearly have no idea how to run the football side of the club. Commercially they are great, but they are just awful when it comes to football. If you're going to give Mourinho a new contract last season, you can't not back him in the transfer window, it's just mad.

Fair play to Spurs, absolutely battered us last night, but we shouldn't be losing to Spurs at home, especially in that fashion. But that's just the Utd of today, we have to start getting used to this. Mourinho won't be sacked until end of the season, and we'll finish sixth at best.

No-one is going to fix this overnight, I can't see us challenging for the title again for a long, long time :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Fair play to Spurs, absolutely battered us last night, but we shouldn't be losing to a team like Spurs at home. But that's just the Utd of today, we have to start getting used to this. Mourinho won't be sacked until end of the season, and we'll finish sixth at best.

typical Utd fan delusion. Yes you should be losing to a team like to spurs. they have a manager that is switched on and develops players, probably one of the best strikers in the EPL at the moment and defends that can actually defend. When all you utd fans can actually pull your arrogant heads out of your arses you might start to understand this. I am no Spurs fan, but even as a neutral it is obvious to see your blatant delusions of grandeur. Utd have been a spent force since the last season Ferguson was in charge. All you are doing is trading on your reputation and even that is now spent as teams are not scared anymore. hell even brighton dismantled you with relative ease

Man of Honour
typical Utd fan delusion. Yes you should be losing to a team like to spurs. they have a manager that is switched on and develops players, probably one of the best strikers in the EPL at the moment and defends that can actually defend. When all you utd fans can actually pull your arrogant heads out of your arses you might start to understand this. I am no Spurs fan, but even as a neutral it is obvious to see your blatant delusions of grandeur. Utd have been a spent force since the last season Ferguson was in charge. All you are doing is trading on your reputation and even that is now spent as teams are not scared anymore. hell even brighton dismantled you with relative ease

Oh get over yourself lol clearly didn't understand my post

I guess we're the new Liverpool fans :)

Caporegime
Absolutely tragic last night. Shocking when Neville said at half time that it was the most intense we have played in six years, just says it all.

I hate what the club is turning in to, we're becoming the kind of club that under Fergie we used to be able to point and laugh at. We have players holding all the cards in the dressing room, a manager who appears to be on the verge of cracking and being wheeled out in a straight jacket and a boardroom who clearly have no idea how to run the football side of the club. Commercially they are great, but they are just awful when it comes to football. If you're going to give Mourinho a new contract last season, you can't not back him in the transfer window, it's just mad.

Fair play to Spurs, absolutely battered us last night, but we shouldn't be losing to a team like Spurs at home. But that's just the Utd of today, we have to start getting used to this. Mourinho won't be sacked until end of the season, and we'll finish sixth at best.

No-one is going to fix this overnight, I can't see us challenging for the title again for a long, long time :(

That is my biggest nightmare. Turning into Liverpool. At least now I can see why they are so bitter watching us win everything for the past twenty years. Now it is our turn to watch Man City win everything for the next twenty.

Associate
Dont think Spurs battered Utd at all, scoreline flattered them somewhat, in the first half Utd were half decent and the better side albeit both teams were a bit chaotic.

I think it’s more the general play style for the last few games that’s brings the criticism. A team like Utd should be needing Lukaku to be gifted a goal to win a match at home. When Utd attack there just isn’t the danger that existed years ago, the play is generally quite scrappy. Im not sure what the game plan was yesterday for Utd, the game was scrappy, but it is like expecting a moment of brilliance from an individual to get the goal rather than it being a planned strategy.

Man of Honour
Mourinho also keeps saying that if you go out to attack, you'll lose, but that's what everyone wants so he's doing it.

So we have some sort of half-arsed attacking performance while leaking loads of goals.

Caporegime
Mourinho also keeps saying that if you go out to attack, you'll lose, but that's what everyone wants so he's doing it.

So we have some sort of half-arsed attacking performance while leaking loads of goals.

No attacking formation plays 3 centre backs and 2 full backs.

At the end of the day it was an awful plan. We selected an awful team and we didn't take our chances and then folded.

Soldato
No attacking formation plays 3 centre backs and 2 full backs.

At the end of the day it was an awful plan. We selected an awful team and we didn't take our chances and then folded.
Maybe that what mourinio wanted to prove the defence is useless unfortunately he bought linderloff so he's partly to blame as he shouldn't be anywhere near a prem side let alone united

Permabanned
I think it’s more the general play style for the last few games that’s brings the criticism. A team like Utd should be needing Lukaku to be gifted a goal to win a match at home. When Utd attack there just isn’t the danger that existed years ago, the play is generally quite scrappy. Im not sure what the game plan was yesterday for Utd, the game was scrappy, but it is like expecting a moment of brilliance from an individual to get the goal rather than it being a planned strategy.

I think they criticism is well deserved just that Spurs didn't really "batter" them. :)

Caporegime
Mourinho probably threw caution to the wind knowing that if they got thrashed the fans would go into meltdown but then be satisfied with a season of his win-at-all-cost anti-football going forward.

Soldato
Mourinho probably threw caution to the wind knowing that if they got thrashed the fans would go into meltdown but then be satisfied with a season of his win-at-all-cost anti-football going forward.

if he won them the EPL, or the Champions League I don't think they would give 2 craps. The board certainly wouldn't care, the fans might get bored, but they would still love seeing Utd win, unless of course the suddenly decide that they would prefer for liverpool to win with their showman style football ? You can't always have it both ways. Mourhino gets results but is boring.

If you want excitement get DiCanio in, he will liven that dressing room up a treat and probbaly give Pogba a solid heabutt to the face because that is what he actually needs, a good slap of discipline. Either play your best or GTFO

Caporegime
if he won them the EPL, or the Champions League I don't think they would give 2 craps. The board certainly wouldn't care, the fans might get bored, but they would still love seeing Utd win, unless of course the suddenly decide that they would prefer for liverpool to win with their showman style football ? You can't always have it both ways. Mourhino gets results but is boring.

If you want excitement get DiCanio in, he will liven that dressing room up a treat and probbaly give Pogba a solid heabutt to the face because that is what he actually needs, a good slap of discipline. Either play your best or GTFO

This is true. However he's not getting the results and buying bad players for loadsa money. And upsetykg all the other players.

Back
Top Bottom