Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [24th - 27th August 2018]

Man of Honour
I agree with Neville on backing the manager to the hilt, but things are just so poor and Mourinho isn't a 'normal' manager in the way he operates (as we're all aware).

Caporegime
Wow his post match presser was quite an entertaining watch, going on about losing 3-0 but somehow bizarrely says he’s won 3 PL titles...more than the other 19 managers :confused:

Geezus I thought arsenal were in a bad place with Wenger but this is an epic meltdown by Mou.

Soldato
Lucas Moura has surprised me - not because of how good he is as his ability is quite obvious, but seeing him previously I assumed he was like Neymar lite, in attitude. Actually seems like a decent, humble chap.

Caporegime
I feel sorry for Mourinho though. He’s taking all of the flack for some consistently poor performances from players who have been bang average players under what, 4 managers since Ferguson? He can’t shoulder all of the blame

Mourinho has the ability to rain and improve every player in the team... he's failed to improve almost anyone since being there. He's also spent a load and bought lots of players, most of whom who look worse than both when they joined and for their previous clubs, none more so than Sanchez.

He should take most of the blame because quite simply, it's his fault. The defence looked sturdier with worse players under LVG than it does right now while the offence having a shedload spent on it looks terrible currently.

Where would Utd be right now if each player improved as much under Mourinho as the players at City have under Guardiola.

Soldato
Mourhino isn't the main problem, it's the self absorbed primadona players like Sanchez, Pogba et.al. that simply are not putting in a shift becasue its clear they are filthy mercenaries that simply want ever increaing weekly wages. If Pogba did as much talking on the pitch with his football as his retard agent doe son twitter he would have scored a few hatricks by now...................

Don
Just seen the end of Mourinho's press-conference! Castles tweeted this quote from Mourinho earlier today:

In my career, I was never selfish and thinking about myself, I was always a club man. That's what I am.

:D

Caporegime
Mourhino isn't the main problem, it's the self absorbed primadona players like Sanchez, Pogba et.al. that simply are not putting in a shift becasue its clear they are filthy mercenaries that simply want ever increaing weekly wages. If Pogba did as much talking on the pitch with his football as his retard agent doe son twitter he would have scored a few hatricks by now...................

Sanchez had a reputation when.we signed him. It's not like he was a forever United fan holding on to playing for United.

Pogba chose to.leave. signing him.back.for 90 million was obviously a mistake.

Caporegime
I think Carragher made a good point, Mourinho has never really had to pick a struggling team up off the floor and is he capable of it? Neville argued that he's only ever struggled at Chelsea and saw the rest of his contracts out but lets face it... Porto, Inter Milan, Real Madrid are all teams on another level in largely uncompetitive leagues, even in bad seasons they can finish runner up and win cups.

Personally, I think he would rather get sacked than go through months/years of rebuilding United to where they need to be whilst facing criticism. He's probably more preoccupied about the immediate damage to his managerial record/statistics and ego/reputation at this point than any kind of long term plan for fixing United.

Last edited:
Associate
7531.jpg

Caporegime
I think Carragher made a good point, Mourinho has never really had to pick a struggling team up off the floor and is he capable of it? Neville argued that he's only ever struggled at Chelsea and saw the rest of his contracts out but lets face it... Porto, Inter Milan, Real Madrid are all teams on another level in largely uncompetitive leagues, even in bad seasons they can finish runner up and win cups.

Personally, I think he would rather get sacked than go through months/years of rebuilding United to where they need to be whilst facing criticism. He's probably more preoccupied about the immediate damage to his managerial record/statistics and ego/reputation at this point than any kind of long term plan for fixing United.

It was a good point by Caragher, though not surprising. My take has always been the same, he comes in and tries the old, if you give me 120% every single session, every single game, then I'll kill myself working to bring you a title. It works until someone is injured enough to hurt, enough for more than a few players to understand he can't play but not enough for Mourinho to not decide that guy isn't a team player for taking the hit and playing some important game. This happened with Terry, hurt himself playing all year and then Mourinho gave him crap for finally saying he couldn't play... Terry ffs.

There is no longevity built into anything Mourinho does in football.

Soldato
Ive been saying this for years but when the likes of Lingard are getting a game im not entirely sure what United fans expect. Some are rediculously deluded when it comes to the likes of him, Martial and Rashford thinking they are anywhere near close to a world class level...they arent. Lukaku doesnt seem to put a shift in either, cant remember when i last saw him have a really good game. Listen to United We Stand (the podcast, not that man child) and they have it right when it comes to United (when you listen paste all the jokes like).

Jose wont rebuild United, he wasn't going to 3 years ago and he sure as hell wont now. Zidane doesn't have a track record of doing it either...I can see Conte coming in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom