Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [25th - 28th October 2019]

Caporegime
2-1 FT

Stressful to watch but a far better performance than the scoreline suggests and also a much better performance than recent outings in the PL.

Gomez needs time, he's clearly kept his speed so just needs to get match sharp again.
He needs to play and he's not at the moment. Once he gets a few games he'll be fine. He will likely play this week in the carabao Cup

Man of Honour
Just catching up on the Arsenal game and god we have some of the most annoying fans. Xhaka booed off as he was subbed, then he cups his ear to the Arsenal fans and tells them to '**** off' before taking off his shirt and walking down the tunnel.

Yeah he shouldn't be starting and costs us goals, but thats on the manager. No sense in attacking your captain in that manner, and Emery has to handle the situation better. Emery is starting to lose the fans, and if the performances don't improve he won't last the summer.

Caporegime
Just catching up on the Arsenal game and god we have some of the most annoying fans. Xhaka booed off as he was subbed, then he cups his ear to the Arsenal fans and tells them to '**** off' before taking off his shirt and walking down the tunnel.

Yeah he shouldn't be starting and costs us goals, but thats on the manager. No sense in attacking your captain in that manner, and Emery has to handle the situation better. Emery is starting to lose the fans, and if the performances don't improve he won't last the summer.
Fans have had enough of him mate. He’s a toxic liability and has no place playing for us, let alone be the captain!

Man of Honour
Fans have had enough of him mate. He’s a toxic liability and has no place playing for us, let alone be the captain!

I understand that and I'd be happy to see the back of him, but it's not his fault he's playing let alone starting pretty much every game. Same with the choice to make him captain, if what Emery said is true then the players voted for him so they clearly have a level of respect for him, the fans reaction and his reaction (which was admittedly worse) will not help the dressing room or our performances.

Him and Emery need booting but we still need to get behind the team.

Anyway, I'm off to watch the F1 which hopefully won't be as disappointing

Caporegime
But they’ll just ignore the fact that chambers was fouled first and it should have been a penalty.

I keep saying it but one of the biggest problems with VAR in my opinion is that not all offences are being reviewed, you either have to review every questionable incident or none at all otherwise it's too easy for corrupt VAR officials to influence (potentially rig) games through their decision making. The only other option is to allow teams challenges and if an incident is not reviewed then at least it's their own fault. When you see one incident at one end being reviewed and another at the other end totally ignored it's no better than before with referees missing things.

Back
Top Bottom