Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [25th - 28th October 2019]

Man of Honour
I can kind of accept the swearing at fans, rip off the shirt, straight down the tunnel bit as being a rash reaction to the treatment we were giving him. However the real problem was the speed he was leaving the pitch in a must-win game, that's what we were all crowing for. That's not acceptable, in the heat of the moment people can lash out but you need the game sense to know you need to be speeding up the sub, even if in reality it only saves 5 seconds it is as much about setting the tempo for the last half an hour.

Realistically he shouldn't be in the team, if it was me I'd be playing this sort of team at home to weaker sides:

................Leno
Bellerin...Sokratis...Luiz...Tierney
.....Ceballos....Torreira
...Pepe......Ozil....Aubamayang
.............Lacazette

In tougher fixtures you might want to mix that up a bit, maybe bringing in Guendouzi for Ceballos or Ozil.

Soldato
...Realistically he shouldn't be in the team...
One of those (more than a a few players) who make it to the Premiere League because 'they must be decent as they play for their national team'.

Over the years I've long watched players like him that when you properly watch them and analyse their all round game and reading of the game you come to the conclusion on how poor they are and how they will leave a team exposed sooner or later. Dier at Spurs also comes to mind.

Back
Top Bottom