Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [27 - 28th October 2012]

No way did the lino see the climbing, also if it was for climbing, most headed goals should be disallowed because it happens all the time. Robbed, although should never have had a 2 goal lead disappear.

No they aren't, climbing would be in this case Coates with both his hands pressed down on Jag's shoulder, the majority of headers aren't like that, though quite a few(particularly Crouch's) are fouls and aren't given but that goes for loads of fouls in the box.

As for what the linesman gave it for, its usually the commentators blindly guessing, linesman saw something raised his flag, if he did give it for offside, wrong call but ultimately disallowed a goal that should have been.

Also for me Suarez should have been sent off, he quite deliberately trod on Distin's ankle, the ball was gone, he wasn't going for the ball and from the replay it very much looks like he was both looking at Distin's leg and aimed his leg to land on it. I would also argue that Miralles had the same thing done to him, by the same player.

Also, Ba 1-0, again, he's on fire.

Dont let that get in the way of things ;)

No idea where Fergie's got today's starting XI from, Young in from the start after no football for ages, Carrick & Cleverley as a pair having only played together as that once or twice last season, we're just short of playing Giggs to confound the mystery :p

It makes sense to start Young if he's playing those two in the centre as he'll be wanting Valencia/Young to help out defensively along with Wayne dropping back more into the middle.

It's better than starting Scholes/Carrick in the middle as at least Cleverley will bring some energy and positive, energetic forward passing to the side.

It makes sense to start Young if he's playing those two in the centre as he'll be wanting Valencia/Young to help out defensively along with Wayne dropping back more into the middle.

Welbeck? The movement between him, Rooney and RVP was great last weekend and he'll certainly put in a shift defensively out on the left as well.

Im nervous about Utd's midfield

Both Valencia and Young are short of match fitness (Young especially so) and just two central midfielders against that trio of Chelsea attacking /flair players (although admittedly Rooney will probably drop back too)

I wouldnt be SO concerned if AV and Young werent just coming back from injuries

No they aren't, climbing would be in this case Coates with both his hands pressed down on Jag's shoulder, the majority of headers aren't like that, though quite a few(particularly Crouch's) are fouls and aren't given but that goes for loads of fouls in the box.

As for what the linesman gave it for, its usually the commentators blindly guessing, linesman saw something raised his flag, if he did give it for offside, wrong call but ultimately disallowed a goal that should have been.

Also for me Suarez should have been sent off, he quite deliberately trod on Distin's ankle, the ball was gone, he wasn't going for the ball and from the replay it very much looks like he was both looking at Distin's leg and aimed his leg to land on it. I would also argue that Miralles had the same thing done to him, by the same player.

Also, Ba 1-0, again, he's on fire.

I agree with you, but do you understand where I am coming from? Look at corners/freekicks, 9 times out of 10 you will get a player doing that, and most times it isn't called.

On the Suarez thing, yeah he probably should have been dismissed, but so should have Fellaini following him swinging his boot at sterling after ball had gone and foul giving, and then about 5 minutes later on Allen.

Back
Top Bottom