Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [29th March - 2nd April 2014]

Associate
I hate to say this as an Everton fan, but Liverpool are looking so great at the moment. They play good football, are exciting to watch, and have one of, if not the best strike partnership in the world right now. I've been waiting and waiting for the wheels to fall off, but they've just kept on winning. While I still would prefer Chelsea to win the league (I'm a fan of Mourinho), I can't deny that Liverpool deserve to be where they are right now.

Their win was good for us as well. 4 points ahead of Spurs with a game in hand, and right behind Arsenal now as well. At the start of the season I never would've thought we'd have a realistic chance of 4th place with only 7 games to so. Martinez deserves a huge amount of credit for what he's done for the team. Hopefully we can get 4th, as Lukaku said earlier in the season he'd be happy to stay if we get Champions League, and considering Chelsea are likely to buy someone like Diego Costa, I think he'll be allowed to leave.

Gotta admit we were a little lucky yesterday though, Fulham were well on top 1st half and could easily have been a couple of goals up. Still, that's what happens when teams near the bottom don't take their chances against the teams near the top - the teams near the top invariably have the quality to regain their composure and take their chances when they come.

Huge game next week. If we can get the win, all the momentum is with us and we'll have a huge shot at getting 4th. Fingers crossed we can do it, would be nice for the city to have both teams in the Champions League next season.

good post

i'd love to see a merseyside assault on the champions league

Back
Top Bottom