Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [29th September - 1st October 2017]

Soldato
I think we're 12 points up on last season comparing fixture to fixture. I'd say that is back to winning ways.
So are Liverpool...Doesn't really mean a lot and considering your spend you should be. It's a good start for United but you've beaten teams you should be...the big test is at Anfield next weej. Even though we aren't playing well, form goes out of the window really.

Soldato
So are Liverpool...Doesn't really mean a lot and considering your spend you should be. It's a good start for United but you've beaten teams you should be...the big test is at Anfield next weej. Even though we aren't playing well, form goes out of the window really.

You're an MUFC hater so anything I say will be absorbed with bias.

Caporegime

Actually you're 1pt down on last year. We're 6pts up (I was confused with goals), the joint highest in the league. I think that's a good reason to be happy.

https://i.redd.it/4l88mpd8u9pz.png

Man of Honour
And you don't get more points for beating top 4 teams, if you can reliably beat 15 of the teams in the league you're going to finish close to the top of the table.

Caporegime
I can't see how United fans could be anything other than over the moon. Fergie used to make a decent living losing to the top 2 or 3 but still taking the title by beating the teams he should. If only more managers could beat the teams they should. United will win the title this year by 5-6 points. Chelsea this year and City every year don't have it about them to win the games 'they should'.

Soldato
I think it's too early to write off any team currently in the top four. As a United fan I am obviously very happy with the start we've made, but I'm not getting too carried away. I'd personally still give City the edge in the title race. I think they've got the most balanced squad in the prem, plus they aren't overly reliant on any one player, they can afford to lose Aguero to a rib injury and still score plenty of goals, they could lose David Silva or De Bruyne and still be fine in midfield. Arguably the only worry for them would be if Jesus also now got injured or if they lost another fullback, what with Mendy out long-term.

Chelsea also have a decent squad, but I think they have a few too many new faces in the squad and are a bit weak up front, which has come back to haunt them with Morata getting injured.

Spurs are playing well at the moment, they have the most in-form striker in the league and their starting XI is excellent. They've also got decent cover now at centre back and full back, both positions they were a bit lacking in depth last year. Their biggest worry would be an injury to Kane, plus they would definitely miss Eriksen if he were to get injured.

Caporegime

Nah form is pretty important for us in this game, can't recall us being garbage going into it and winning.

Here's hoping something drastic happens during the break to benefit us

Back
Top Bottom