Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [2nd - 6th November 2018]

Don
Didn't play particularly well and on the balance of play a draw was probably fair but we could and should have won. The offside decision in the first half was such an easy decision but the lino is miles out of position and just guesses. We didn't have much choice with the injuries to Ox, Hendo and Keita but Fabinho isn't ready for the biggest games - he's going to need time to get used to the pace of the game and it showed today.
Two top keepers doing their thing today.
Are you suggesting Alisson was at fault for their goal? He absolutely had to come out or Lacazette had a simple one on one :confused:

Caporegime
well happy with that

were definitely a different animal this season under emery his substitution always seem to be on point

brings on iwobi and Welbeck literally couple of minutes later there play leads to laca's goal

How good is torreria :cool:
Agreed, we look so different to the last few seasons under Wenger and I’m liking it very much.

Torreira is an absolute animal of a player :p.

I’m happy with the draw, I did say before the game that I would be pleased with a draw at the very least.

Just relieved that we didn’t concede a last min goal.

Just got to keep this awesome run going.

Caporegime
Didn't play particularly well and on the balance of play a draw was probably fair but we could and should have won. The offside decision in the first half was such an easy decision but the lino is miles out of position and just guesses. We didn't have much choice with the injuries to Ox, Hendo and Keita but Fabinho isn't ready for the biggest games - he's going to need time to get used to the pace of the game and it showed today.

Are you suggesting Alisson was at fault for their goal? He absolutely had to come out or Lacazette had a simple one on one :confused:
Thing is, it’s not like the game would have gone exactly the same if the goal had been given. No one knows what would have happened had they been given the goal, Arsenal might have kicked in and scored a couple. It’s just what ifs.

A draw was the right result. There’s no should have won about it.

Don
Thing is, it’s not like the game would have gone exactly the same if the goal had been given. No one knows what would have happened had they been given the goal, Arsenal might have kicked in and scored a couple. It’s just what ifs.

A draw was the right result. There’s no should have won about it.

That might be a reasonable argument if we're talking about a small decision but a wrongly disallowed goal, a red card or a penalty are not small decisions, they make massive material differences to the outcome of the game. I said that on the balance of play that a draw was the fair result but balance of play counts for ****.

Obviously had Arsenal not benefited from 3 terrible decisions in 3 consecutive league games you might think differently.

Associate
Pretty happy with that result, I'd have definitely taken a draw before the game.

I'm not convinced that Liverpool's offside goal was actually offside but I guess I'll have to watch the replays later

Soldato
That might be a reasonable argument if we're talking about a small decision but a wrongly disallowed goal, a red card or a penalty are not small decisions, they make massive material differences to the outcome of the game. I said that on the balance of play that a draw was the fair result but balance of play counts for ****.

Obviously had Arsenal not benefited from 3 terrible decisions in 3 consecutive league games you might think differently.

I give you the offside goal but if Leno on Dijk (I think) is a pen then so was Alisson.

Back
Top Bottom