Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [2nd - 6th November 2018]

Don
This is Mike Dean remember lads, the first pen was the first decision he's ever given against Spurs in his career. Can't expect him to give Wolves 3 pens.

Man of Honour
Spurs lucky to come away with all 3 points there, great performance from Wolves, they'll comfortably finish mid table.

Still not sure why people think Iwobi is garbage, MOTD highlighting the impact he had coming on today, he's had a few games where he's been instrumental to our goals.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The draw against Arsenal was a fair result overall, still not entirely sure what it was about Lacazettes goal celebration that warranted a booking but its a funny old game.

End of the day, we are top of the league (at least until City play) , still unbeaten and have now played Arsenal AND Spurs AND Chelsea AND Man City. If you offered me that situation after 11 games at the start of the season I would have snapped your hand off.

Don
The draw against Arsenal was a fair result overall, still not entirely sure what it was about Lacazettes goal celebration that warranted a booking but its a funny old game.

End of the day, we are top of the league (at least until City play) , still unbeaten and have now played Arsenal AND Spurs AND Chelsea AND Man City. If you offered me that situation after 11 games at the start of the season I would have snapped your hand off.
It's a strange situation. On the one hand, as you say, we've had arguably the hardest start to the season of any side at the top end of the table, remained unbeaten and at worst will be just 2 points off the top. But on the other hand, given how strong City are, if we want to seriously challenge for the title we've got to be almost perfect every week and away to Arsenal is the a game we need to win. By next weekend City would have played 4 of the big 6 too (3 away and 1 at home, just like us) and we're going to need one of Southampton or Utd to take points off them just to be level points.

Soldato
Spurs lucky to come away with all 3 points there, great performance from Wolves, they'll comfortably finish mid table.

Still not sure why people think Iwobi is garbage, MOTD highlighting the impact he had coming on today, he's had a few games where he's been instrumental to our goals.

Massive difference coming on against a tiring team to starting. He's scored 10 goals in 110 games for Arsenal....that'll explain a lot of it.

Soldato
It's a strange situation. On the one hand, as you say, we've had arguably the hardest start to the season of any side at the top end of the table, remained unbeaten and at worst will be just 2 points off the top. But on the other hand, given how strong City are, if we want to seriously challenge for the title we've got to be almost perfect every week and away to Arsenal is the a game we need to win. By next weekend City would have played 4 of the big 6 too (3 away and 1 at home, just like us) and we're going to need one of Southampton or Utd to take points off them just to be level points.
I think arsenal has had an equally hard start too. especially with a new manager

Soldato
Before Liverpool their previous 6 have been absolute bankers though. They also havent played PSG and Napoli away in the middle plus a cup tie with Chelsea.

Soldato
Before Liverpool their previous 6 have been absolute bankers though. They also havent played PSG and Napoli away in the middle plus a cup tie with Chelsea.
True.. But when combined with how long your manager has been there and how complete your team is. I feel arsenal had a equally difficult run as we had a new manager with new players and tactic and coming back off a very bad season last year while Liverpool where champions league finalists.

Your teams build and had 3 more tougher opponents to play but out of those tougher opponents Liverpool are stronger then the majority of them as your teams complete and have a manager that has instilled his vision for a while.

Arsenal and emery hasn't done so yet we have a similar record to you guys so far

Don
I think arsenal has had an equally hard start too. especially with a new manager
You've faced 3 of the top 6 of which 2 were at home and 1 away, compared to our 4 of which 3 were away from home. And as omnom says, our fixtures have been played around games vs PSG, Napoli and Chelsea in cup games, not pub teams.

Having a new manager has no bearing on the quality of team you've faced so far.

Back
Top Bottom