Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [31st January - 4th February 2020]

Soldato
Ndombele, Lo Celso and Winks look like they are brewing some chemistry. Lo celso is saving our season with his courage on the ball

Don
It's becoming more and more realistic that Liverpool could win the League at Goodison. That could possibly send a large chunk of Evertonian's over the edge.

Soldato
They're also not going to win league and top 4 guaranteed so why exert themselves. It's usually Spurs collapsing after loads of yellows and a red so it's nice to be the team that didn't lose a lot of the control.

Don
Spurs had started to improve long before City went down to 10. Obviously it had an impact but I'm not sure it changed all that much
Spurs hadn't had a shot before the goal, had they?

The more City kept finding ways to mess up chances to score it was starting to feel inevitable that Spurs would pinch something but the balance of play was still very much favouring a City win. It's all meaningless anyway. Spurs took their chances, City didn't and I don't think City can have any complaints (overall) with decisions not going their way today. Spurs deserved the win.

Caporegime
That was poor, should've been 2-0 up early on with the Auba and Laca chances. Saka going off was a huge blow, and I have no idea why Lacazette is still starting games, 10 games without a goal now for Lacazette.

A draw is a horrible result with Chelsea, Leicester, United, Wolves, and one of Spurs/City dropping points. Burnley always give us a game but they're a guaranteed 6 points a season. Need to finish this season off asap.

For all the supposed improvements under Arteta, we're now at 1 win, 5 draws and a loss under Arteta, or 8 points in 7 games, 1.14 points per game. Emery had 13 games with 4 wins, 6 draws and 3 losses, or 18 points in 13 games, that's 1.38 points per game.

Supposedly we look much better, but to me we've been mostly trash. People tricked by the play hard for 30 minutes, look better for the 30 mins than under Emery but look worse for the other 60 mins. We've taken leads to thrown them away or failed to score while on top as today and gotten pretty lucky to hold on for the draw.

The three losses we had under Emery were Liverpool, Sheffield and Leicester all away from home, frankly one entirely expected before the season started, the other two entirely understandable based on how those two are playing this year. I'm in no way arguing we were playing well under Emery and we were getting worse, but we really haven't improved under Arteta and for me the early grace period where he gave players a chance under fresh management where I can not agree with but can understand giving him a little rope to try his own thing. Ozil and Laca have been consistently awful throughout these 7 league games. 25 minutes being okay and not at all fantastic in the first game for Ozil is not him being back to his best. How he started another game where we got yet another anonymous performance offensively, where he still preferred to concede a stupid card and freekick because he realised it was a trip or working hard and matching the run for the next 20 yards to block a cross and this was easier. He hasn't changed, he's not good enough and he shouldn't even be on the bench frankly he's that bad and offers nothing at all. Not been at all impressed with Ceballos but he has a career still to go, at least he'll try, Willock offers more from the start and I'd be more than willing to try Martinelli/Pepe/Saka in a more no.10 role and see how it goes, even switch to a 4-4-2.

Why when Auba can score well is he playing on the wing where he's not great just to give Laca games centrally while he's playing absolutely horrendous football. It's insane. Rather than drop Laca, screw Auba and the team by playing Laca and forcing Auba out of position.

Fast losing patience with Arteta. Squad issues are there, injury issues are there, but playing Laca/Ozil repeatedly when they hurt us every game is on him.

I mean Saka is so so superior to Kola, but when Kola was fit he was starting ahead of Saka despite being basically rubbish. Nelson was starting instead of Pepe despite not looking like a footballer, Nketiah came on today, stupidly late, rather than bring on Pepe or Ceballos. Arteta is not doing well, at all.

Back
Top Bottom