Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [3rd - 5th November 2017]

Don
It's tragic how for years now we've looked a better team when Fellaini has come on. Shows we still have no plan in attack. Yes Pogba is missing, but even so.
Lucky you beat me to saying this, I’d have been slaughtered.

Tbf, throwing Fellaini on late in the game and lumping it forward is always going cause panic but yea, it is a worry when it’s still your most effective form of attack.

Man of Honour
Zero touches in the box for Lukaku :o.

That is mainly down to the rest of the team though. I'm not saying Lukaku has been great, but when you are totally dominated in midfield it's difficult for the strikers.

https://twitter.com/BetVictor/status/927239410118266881

Not great, not really what makes champions is it. 10 away games against the big 6, the results on that twitter post, 1 goal scored in the entire 10 games and that was in a loss anyway. Lost 50%, drawn 50%, won 0%, really is pathetic.

I'm not sure what to say, it's poor. Ultimately, especially considering the money spent, the squad just isn't strong enough.

Goals aren't worked, they're just created out of nothing, otherwise we don't score.

Man of Honour
Our strongest 11 is good, at the very least top 4 quality, but the whole squad (and club really) lacks direction.

Considering the money spent, we have players in makeshift positions all too often, or, players who just aren't good enough.

• Herrera is now a midfield "destroyer" and not a very good one.
  • Mkhitaryan is anonymous and/or only wants to be involved in the final third.
  • Rashford ends up as some sort of creative forward which isn't his strongest point.
  • Jones is... Jones.
I can't see this being fixed quickly, sadly. Anyone got Pochettino's number? ;)

Caporegime
Our strongest 11 is good, at the very least top 4 quality, but the whole squad (and club really) lacks direction.

Considering the money spent, we have players in makeshift positions all too often, or, players who just aren't good enough.

• Herrera is now a midfield "destroyer" and not a very good one.
  • Mkhitaryan is anonymous and/or only wants to be involved in the final third.
  • Rashford ends up as some sort of creative forward which isn't his strongest point.
  • Jones is... Jones.
I can't see this being fixed quickly, sadly. Anyone got Pochettino's number? ;)
Can’t see the appeal in leaving Spurs for Utd at the moment. Live in London, brand new state of the art stadium, young dynamic team, one of the best strikers in the world. It’s a sidestep if anything.

Caporegime
Mourinho is just a coward in the big games sadly, it's his biggest weakness. His first priority is don't lose. It can be effective but it is boring as **** to watch.

Caporegime
Can’t see the appeal in leaving Spurs for Utd at the moment. Live in London, brand new state of the art stadium, young dynamic team, one of the best strikers in the world. It’s a sidestep if anything.

Even at our worst over the last four years we were still competing for and winning trophies. Spurs aren't, haven't and don't look like doing so any time soon. They're content being a Top 4 team just like Arsenal.

Man of Honour

A sidestep? With the greatest respect to Spurs, it’s a big step up in every department.

Back
Top Bottom