Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [6th - 11th April 2012]

Don
eff6f5c3.jpg

Permabanned
did you put the bet on?

still, no doubt united (well, rooney) will pull it out the bag

Bet cheets is hoping he got that £5 on 8/1 for Wigan!

Sure did :D

gLKoy.png

told you all cheeky bet, Wigan due it, first bet of the season as well, 'ale sorted for weekend, go out and get ******

same old going down to last few games, Blackburn/Wolves :eek: Massive last 2 games sod the EPL title its all about the survival

utajoker, AmTechFox, Shamikebab, Robbo, shadow_boxer, vanandjuanunited, Bucket, R0B75, Gimp, Nokkonwud, Eamon Holmes, Ian Brown, Gary Neville, Alex Ferguson...can you hear me, Alex Ferguson your boys took a hell of a beating :D

Best 11th of April since I was born, had a top day

lmao played

about time you mancs got schooled, last season at DW you was **** until Rooney got elbow out, justice plus Maloney drop his shoulder and left Rooney watching a goal he would be proud of

Dont know why all the posts about me about posting, lol

Last edited:
Soldato
utajoker, AmTechFox, Shamikebab, Robbo, shadow_boxer, vanandjuanunited, Bucket, R0B75, Gimp, Nokkonwud, Eamon Holmes, Ian Brown, Gary Neville, Alex Ferguson...can you hear me, Alex Ferguson your boys took a hell of a beating :D

Best 11th of April since I was born, had a top day

Dont know why all the posts about me about posting, lol

I think mainly for this :p

Happy birthday & congrats, Closer to the Villa now :(

Caporegime
Have to say, Vieira is looking more spot on with the desperation of calling Scholes back.

Make no mistake, he's one of the best central midfielders in the world, ever, and any team would be lesser without him. But they were forced to call him back, their form with him since he's been back has been insanely better, and he's been brilliant. Don't play him, instant dodgy performances. All your bigger goal margin victories Scholes seems to start, don't play him and the team somewhat struggles, and just looks significantly less good.

Welbeck, awful again, Hernandez, useless, Utd are so far away from Real/Barca. Said for a long time, you need Rooney in that Hernandez role, and no where near the playmaker role, another striker behind him, and some proper central midfielders.

Wigan have genuinely played well for the last several games, got robbed against Chelsea, almost got robbed tonight. Completely deserved victory, looking genuinely capable of staying up while Blackburn look woeful and Wolves...... lol Wolves, were Derby even as bad as Wolves, and how far has the league dropped in quality that a team that bad can still have over 20 points?

Soldato
Have to say, Vieira is looking more spot on with the desperation of calling Scholes back.

Make no mistake, he's one of the best central midfielders in the world, ever, and any team would be lesser without him. But they were forced to call him back, their form with him since he's been back has been insanely better, and he's been brilliant. Don't play him, instant dodgy performances. All your bigger goal margin victories Scholes seems to start, don't play him and the team somewhat struggles, and just looks significantly less good.

Welbeck, awful again, Hernandez, useless, Utd are so far away from Real/Barca. Said for a long time, you need Rooney in that Hernandez role, and no where near the playmaker role, another striker behind him, and some proper central midfielders.

Wigan have genuinely played well for the last several games, got robbed against Chelsea, almost got robbed tonight. Completely deserved victory, looking genuinely capable of staying up while Blackburn look woeful and Wolves...... lol Wolves, were Derby even as bad as Wolves, and how far has the league dropped in quality that a team that bad can still have over 20 points?

And what about arsenal? still want wenger gone?

Soldato
Just one of those things tbh

Dodgy referee'ing decisions throughout the match (for both sides), but in a sense this could help Utd in the remaining 5 games (esp against City) - if Utd were still on a winning streak by then , I would be far more worried, hopefully after last night they have woken up a little

Glad QPR won, am hoping they will stay up

Soldato
Wigan outplayed us from the first whistle. our wingers never got into the game. Carrick had a shocker. I dont think Hernandez can be to blame for his performance, as I can count on one hand the amount of times he got the ball in the first half? And when he did he almost created a chance for himself.

Just not good enough, Wigan had a game plan and stuck to it and it worked. Fair play to them, they dont deserve to be relegated.

As for the refereeing decisions, as Fergie says, they even themselves out over the season. Pretty pointless complaining as we should have done enough to beat them in open play as it is.

Still not over though!

Caporegime
De Gea is a liability for United, he does not cope well with set pieces into the box and being crowded, it's not the first time he's become a rabbit in headlights and played for a foul. The gamble payed off yesterday but it was soft to say the least.

Man of Honour
OP
De Gea is a liability for United he does not cope well with set pieces into the box and being crowded, it's not the first time he's become a rabbit in headlights and played for a foul. The gamble payed off yesterday but it was soft to say the least.

He's been fine recently until yesterday and in that instance he was being fouled (arguably, anyway).

Soldato
It's only cm who represents the Spurs brigade now it seems, the rest have gone, god knows why

Fair weather fans. They'll be back if Spurs cling on to top 4.

You also noticed a lot more Newcastle fans have appeared from the woodwork since we are in contention. Start of the season there was 3 of us regularly posting now you are getting on to 10 :p

Soldato
De Gea is a liability for United, he does not cope well with set pieces into the box and being crowded, it's not the first time he's become a rabbit in headlights and played for a foul. The gamble payed off yesterday but it was soft to say the least.

I think his problem is, he is worried about being a bit bossier in the box and potentially giving a penalty away.

He will learn, he has shown his brilliance at everything bar bossing the area so im confident he will become a brilliant keeper.

Soldato
Just seen the highlights of yesterdays games. Wigan played really well, though utd were terrible. The one thing I really don't like though, is when managers/people make a big deal of a goal that results in a badly given corner/free-kick:p .....For the goal it should have been a goalkick, but it isn't like the ref gave a penalty, he didn't hamper Man Utd's ability to defend it! .....anyway I like the way Wigan play, and I hope they stay up.:)

Also, Tevez looked very good for City as well. Mancini not winning in the mindgames department though imo......very bizzare.

He's been fine recently until yesterday and in that instance he was being fouled (arguably, anyway).

I can't see you winning that argument......:p

Back
Top Bottom