Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [7th - 12th February 2014]

Soldato
Christ I didn't realise we've been undefeated for so long at Anfield? Was our last defeat the match where Crouch scored the perfect hatrick? :o

All runs must come to an end at some point and I think it will be tomorrow

Yup exactly right, Despite us at times having a better team 08/09 for one and we still couldnt beat you, which is why i wont be surprised at all if we drop points vs you again this weekend. You seem to be the one team we just fail at :(

Soldato
As long as our defence plays like last time I can see us keeping SaS quiet again. We dominated midfield although are a bit short of players this time round so think a draw is the most likely result.

Soldato
Flamini will be a big loss tomorrow, I always like having him the team for the tough away matches just hope Arteta can keep up and snuff out the balls played into SAS. Wilshere might be back for tomorrow so that will help. If we can overrun Liverpool's midfield then I think we'll do well. I think we'll see Rosicky start tomorrow too, he'll give us that extra bit of combativeness (a word?) in midfield

Caporegime
As long as our defence plays like last time I can see us keeping SaS quiet again. We dominated midfield although are a bit short of players this time round so think a draw is the most likely result.

Your midfield kept SaS quiet, they barely got the ball.

Soldato
if Villa and WBA can dominate Liverpools midfield I dread to think what will happen this weekend, a tonking is on the cards methinks.

I dont think our record when we've been on BT Sport is that good either is it, 1 win maybe?

Caporegime
So SaSaS?

:D

Hoping for 3 pts tomo myself, bloody BT Sport as well so guess ill have to stream the game unless the missus has other plans, which wouldnt surprise me.

Worst result ill take is a draw but really want us to get the 3 pts to keep a gap between us, City and Chelsea.

No Flamini or Ramsey are big losses for us, not sure if Wilshere is going to be fully fit to play either.

Soldato
Thought we may of given Allen a run out to try stop arsenal midfield, were playing same 11 as last week

I think we'll be OK against Arsenal - we struggle against teams that sit off and don't want possession. Where we can let another team have possession, play in front of us, and then break on them we're much better. I'm not saying we'll win, but Arsenal play to our strengths much more than West Brom do.

Soldato
I think we'll be OK against Arsenal - we struggle against teams that sit off and don't want possession. Where we can let another team have possession, play in front of us, and then break on them we're much better. I'm not saying we'll win, but Arsenal play to our strengths much more than West Brom do.

Not sure about that I get what you mean but we struggled against there midfield last time, I can see them over running gerrard he still isn't fully adapted to dm role

Soldato
Not sure about that I get what you mean but we struggled against there midfield last time, I can see them over running gerrard he still isn't fully adapted to dm role

We're good against teams which keep possession and come forward. We saw that in the recent Everton game, and in the City game which we should have got something out of. We're awful when teams sit back and let us have the ball, as seen against Villa and West Brom.

Arsenal are a team which keeps possession of the ball and likes to attack. Their full backs bomb on, and without Flamini they protect their centre backs poorly. They're susceptible to the break, which is what we're best at.

I think we've also changed how we're playing since Arsenal passed us to death at the Emirates. In that game, we tried to go toe to toe with them in the middle. We're now much more focussed on playing on the break, I imagine due to the pace of our front four and the problem that, at present, our midfielders are not good enough to play possession football.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom