Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [7th - 12th February 2014]

Soldato
hi i just come back from vietnam and heard arsenal got destroyed. Has DM and other arsenal fans calling for wenger to be sacked?

apparantly players like ozil did not show up and it should be them that get the sack tbh or a weeks wage docked from the looks of it.

was arsenal really that bad or did liverpool play like barcelona of old?

They were very tired for sure, the whole squad depth thing is going to be an issue. Giroud/Ozil/Mert..could all do with a break tbh...they've played quite a lot this season and there is'nt really anyone to take the pressure off them..

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Why would anyone say it??:confused: We are still in second place and still fighting for the PL title. Had we been languishing in 7th place then im pretty sure there would be a thread on Wenger being shoved out:p

Well, are you telling me you would be surprised if jonney or DM said it? Lol. I am probably one of the last people who would say that. Now that we have money to spend I am hoping in a few more years we will have a very nice squad :D

hi i just come back from vietnam and heard arsenal got destroyed. Has DM and other arsenal fans calling for wenger to be sacked?

apparantly players like ozil did not show up and it should be them that get the sack tbh or a weeks wage docked from the looks of it.

Honestly jonney, I thought you and DM would be saying wenger out! Lol.

Soldato

You kidding?

It was always you making a mug of yourself demanding him sacked after a few bad results, don't blame others!

Soldato
Man of Honour
Huge game this afternoon, any slip up pretty much destroys what little chance we have of getting in the top 4.

It's also huge because we're against a team who are utterly awful and have been for some time, this should be a non-contest and we should stick a few goals past them to boot.

Now to lose. :p

Don
It's also huge because we're against a team who are utterly awful and have been for some time, this should be a non-contest and we should stick a few goals past them to boot.

Now to lose. :p

Fulham fans are saying the exact same thing.

Caporegime
Just to make it clear, when people were calling for Wenger's head.. all of a sudden.. after the Villa loss, I had wanted him gone for 5 years. When we won a bunch of games, bought Ozil and were top of the league, I wanted him gone. I wanted him gone before the game yesterday and I still want him gone.

Compared to the past 5 year, we are having one of "those" seasons, where Newcastle finished 5th or 6th, where Liverpool were in the title fight, where Bolton came 7th, where Ipswich were in the title fight for months. We're having a huge amount of luck. For every season you have terrible luck there will be one in which you have loads. We've had dodgy performances, dodgy penalties, lack of injuries till recently and a very nice fixture list. Sometimes you get a year where you play a easy game, then a hard game, you never pick up form. Other years you'll play a run of 6-7 "easy" teams, pick up loads of form and head into a big game and get a result you wouldn't without the form.

But I said from months ago, there are 2-3 periods of tough games, we've done poorly in most of these, we have the biggest coming up now. I expected and stated early season that the late jan/early feb crunch period of likely fa cup, champs league and tough league games at the same time would end our title fight. I still think that.

Compared to previous years Wenger bought Ozil... who was offered around Europe. At the time I said, he's a great player, but a big game bottler and 42mil for someone who can't help you beat the top 6 is insane.... and that is proving to be bang on, with almost everyone else wondering how the hell Ozil went for 42million now. Wenger spent 42mil to.... beat Norwich by 2 extra goals, but do even worse against the top four. Ozil was a waste of space, someone less technically proficient, but not scared of the opposition would have done a hell of a lot more. Nothing that made us miss titles, cups, success in the past 8 years has changed one iota from last year. Hence my wanting to get rid of Wenger hasn't changed in the slightest.

Next year with no more changes we could have an unlucky season with Wilshere, Kos, Giroud all injured for 6 months and we'd be struggling alongside Utd instead.

We never failed to compete due to the squad, because the squad hasn't changed hugely significantly since last year, except much lower rate of injuries and a much kinder fixture list. We failed to compete because Wenger for 10 years has refused to accept opposition will try to use your weaknesses against you and you must do the same to beat other good teams. His lack of protection for players/injuries borders on the suicidal. His lack of improving our set pieces offensively or defensively for 10 years is embarrassing, using incompetent full backs, refusing to get rid of the dead weight/lost causes and buy replacements. None of this is any different to any of the past 8 years.

A man incapable of change, who has shown not a single sign of change in 8 years, who has lost for 8 years, will continue losing(bar some ridiculous luck, like Mourinho deciding to bang Hazard's mum and causing an issue with them).

I think Arsenal will finish 3rd at best this year, and that is with Utd gifting everyone to 7th a free place, and we could easily finish below Liverpool as well.

Back
Top Bottom