Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [7th - 13th April 2017]

Caporegime
All very quiet on here :p Where's the DM rants etc? Even Arsenal TV is poor

This is the same Arsenal failing to be good enough to compete for the title as I've seen for the past 8-9 years. Yes it's worse, but NOTHING has changed. I got bored of complaining because despite absolutely nothing changing and always moving backwards with the squad getting worse and the overall long term situation getting worse. I highlighted all the patently obvious problems 7-8 years ago, I complained for years, Arsenal fans were blind to it. Why is it getting worse long term? Because the further we get and the larger portion of the squad is made of these weak mentality players. 5 years ago we could have got rid of Wenger, brought in a new manager, replaced 5 players and had a championship capable side. Today I think 15-20 squad players need to be exchanged because Wenger has been replacing top players with meh players for so long there are few top players left.

Sanchez is great... at what he does. He's not a lone striker, he takes too long on the ball when he does dribble and he dives like a son of a *****. What he's best at is still arriving in the box with max 2 touches before shooting, he looks exciting but he isn't actually that effective with the rest of his attacking play.

Since BEFORE we signed Ozil I stated he is a guy who plays well with space and time, he's a gigantic ***** who when it really matters, when 3 points or a title is on the line by running that extra 5 yards and running into get a touch when you know you're going to get clattered by a defender will never ever put himself on the line. He's monumentally over rated, he was over rated at Real and they are better without him precisely because they now have one less player in a crucial position who cruises through the important games. Ozil hasn't changed, fans are just dumb. If he gets three assists against Luton or a hat-trick against, what was it Ludogorets or someone similar they act like he'll do that against Barca, Bayern or Chelsea.... he will absolutely not. I actively want to sell him, I'd offer him 80k a week and say he's for rotation but considering his current contract and how many people vastly over rate him he'll likely leave for double that money or more, good, let another team waste too much on a fair weather player.

Ozil is the exact player who has those hints of being a top player but consistently fails, he's the exact guy you DON'T want to buy because he's the exact type of player who is always in a team that never quite makes it. VDV, Mata, Ozil, they don't really have a single position, Ozil is sooo damn epic in that one role that germany and Arsenal move him between roles and he goes through most of the biggest and most important games almost entirely anonymous. For every brilliant performance(usually against a significantly less good club) there is a correspondingly bad performance against a top team. You need to not be spending 200k+ a week on the kind of player who simply can't perform in the biggest games, they hurt you more than help because we aren't looking for an Ozil replacement, Wenger keeps hoping he'll show that value in the big games and make the difference.

His attitude is so horribly wrong, after a long spell of bad games against big teams he said something along the lines of, he's happy with his performances, Germany choose him, he played for Real and plays for Arsenal, he has no need to improve. That is Arsenal all over, same as I always bring up with Walcott, one win and he was again talking about how things have turned around. A short run of wins and he's talking about titles. Winners do not do this, they don't win a single game and talk about a turn around, they talk about how it's a single game and they can't let up and have to focus 100% on winning the next game and there being no room to talk about a title, etc.

Any player who shows that kind of attitude, thinking one win is enough, focusing on the glory to come at the end of the season after a couple of wins or insisting they don't need to improve shouldn't be at top teams.

Soldato
3-0 vs Palace with no shots on target is even more embarrassing than losing 5-2 twice to Bayern. Playing awful so replace 3 players with slightly worse ones in the same position with the same tactics, guess what, we play even worse. Manager doesn't know what to do, players can't be arsed to play for him, so give him another 2 year contract. That's bound to work out well...... He even said at the end he's disappointed but determined to put it right. Can't wait.

Caporegime
Yep this is pretty much it, too many players that don't give a ****.

Only player I can see that gives a crap is Sanchez and that's about it. Best thing for him to do is to force a move out, to show that Wenger isn't that great a manager...in fact he's probably one of the most poorest managers around.

Ozil can go **** himself for all I care, monumental waste of space and I hope we sell him or he goes.

It's a shame that it's coming to this ie losing to teams we should be smashing into the ground with the players we have.

Hopefully after this season Wenger will decide to go, it's epically embarrassing at the moment. His legacy or what is left of it is pretty much in ruins now.

You need a new sig :p

Soldato
3-0 vs Palace with no shots on target is even more embarrassing than losing 5-2 twice to Bayern. Playing awful so replace 3 players with slightly worse ones in the same position with the same tactics, guess what, we play even worse. Manager doesn't know what to do, players can't be arsed to play for him, so give him another 2 year contract. That's bound to work out well...... He even said at the end he's disappointed but determined to put it right. Can't wait.
We had 6 shots on target

Back
Top Bottom