Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [9 - 10th November 2013]

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Referee was an absolute joke in the Swans vs Stoke game. Still raging!

Said he "thought" he saw a handball in the box in the 95th minute.

Bust up in the tunnel after the game when Alan Curtis and the goalkeeping coach approached the referee with a laptop asking to "prove which player handled the ball", and he flat out refused to acknowledge them.

We deserved to win that game, after the shocking tactics on display by Stoke :p

Soldato
Indeed, it's impossible to call at the moment at top top, it looks pretty predictable at the bottom mind.

There's been some amazing goals already, but so many dreadful matches on Sky. Get rid of this 'Super Sunday' BS.

Looking at the league table I don't see how you can be that disappointed, one point behind City and to be honest, looking at the teams above you, only Southampton is the one you probably didn't think would be above you.

I wouldn't even say the bottom is that predictable with the Mackems now picking up points. Palace are dead and buried but then you have S'land/Fulham/Stoke/Cardiff/Hull/Villa who could all go down.

To be fair I'm not too disappointed, in fact I'm surprised how good we have done its just results like Hull/Sunderland which are a let down. Plus I do still hate Pardew.

Caporegime
Personally, something in me feels it a little condescending when ex players don't celebrate after scoring against their old clubs. Would rather they did.

I think it conveys a kind of patronising "Aah, bless you. I'm really sorry" message rather than a recognition that you've managed to score against a very good team.

Soldato
It wasn't a bad performance, far from it probably.

First half was better than the second but losing Vidic was a blow as Jones was doing a good job in the middle.

Relatively comfortable bar the Sagna swingers.

Not saying it's a great/best/amazing etc though before anyone jumps on that bandwagon. It was just solid enough to do the job.

Caporegime
Just seen Michael Laudrup on SSN complaining about an injury time penalty and saying that not a single Stoke player claimed for it, was it as bad as the Ramires one?

Man of Honour
OP
It wasn't a bad performance, far from it probably.

First half was better than the second but losing Vidic was a blow as Jones was doing a good job in the middle.

Relatively comfortable bar the Sagna swingers.

Not saying it's a great/best/amazing etc though before anyone jumps on that bandwagon. It was just solid enough to do the job.

Agree, it was largely comfortable aside from a couple of dodgy crosses. Arsenal were utterly woeful in the first half, didn't look up for it (something I suspected might happen).

Soldato
Didn't think either team played particularly well. Could have easily lost that goal against a mid table team. I don't remember hardly any shots on target from open play.

I thought arsenal might win but as its at utd then it doesn't surprise me. The tactics did remind me of everton though more than utd. I thought whoever got the first goal would win it but I thought there would be more goals.

It's not the end of the world, still two points clear at the top and got Liverpool, spurs and utd out of the way for now. October/november is never a good time for us but we need a strong come back against Southampton.

Caporegime
Just seen Michael Laudrup on SSN complaining about an injury time penalty and saying that not a single Stoke player claimed for it, was it as bad as the Ramires one?

http://www.footballtarget.com/2013/11/swansea-city-3-3-stoke-city-premier-league/

Not sure, you can see the video, it does look like the guy behind hte stoke player may accidentally clear the ball away from the goal with his arm. It did appear to be travelling towards the goal and with a stoke player near it on the line so could well have ended up a goal. It's very hard to see but does look like it probably hit the guys left arm.

Thing is, players claiming for it doesn't mean anything, if a ref see's a handball he doesn't ignore it unless players ask for it, that is absurd. I think that it's going towards goal is what would make it maybe worth a penalty IF that was a handball. Harsh on the player as he really couldn't see it coming around the stoke player I'd think.

Permabanned
Didn't think either team played particularly well. Could have easily lost that goal against a mid table team. I don't remember hardly any shots on target from open play.

Rooney should have buried his chance he had to make it 2-0.

There was also the clumsy challenge in the box from Giroud, I've seen it again since and I still think it's a penalty.

Back
Top Bottom