Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [9th - 13th February 2018]

Southampton so resigned to losing they even posted their FT 2-0 loss facebook post before the whistle was blown :p

I suppose at least the social media team were confident enough it wouldn't be 3.

Man Utd: De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Smalling, Young, Matic, Pogba, Lingard, Martial, Sanchez, Lukaku
Subs: Romero, Lindelof, Rojo, Mata, Carrick, Shaw, McTominay

Newcastle: Dubravka, Dummett, Lascelles, Lejeune, Yedlin, Shelvey, Kenedy, Diame, Perez, Ritchie, Gayle
Subs: Darlow, Murphy, Hayden, Manquillo, Joselu, Merino, Atsu

Hoping for a really strong attacking performance (for a change).
i dont feel too bad seeing united lost too

If we limp to the end of the season playing like we are now (whether we're 2nd or 4th doesn't matter), Woodward should think long and hard about whether Mourinho is worth it.

We could just get in a pure attacking manager and buy expensive, good defenders who know what they're doing.

Every game is similar to the one today, regardless of the result, and it's just so boring to watch. We got Sanchez and Mourinho got his new contract so things were looking up, but nothing is changing.

The lack of a footballing philosophy from Mourinho is very worrying. We don't break fast enough to play decent counter-attacking football, even though we have the pace and the players to be able to, and we don't press the ball and hassle the opposition in the same way City, Liverpool and Tottenham do. As much as I hate to admit it as a lifelong United fan, it really is impressive watching City, they are so quick in everything they do and there's so much quality from the likes of De Bruyne, Aguero and Sterling. United just dithered on the ball today and wanted far too much time with things. What's also disappointing is that the players who started the season so strongly are all now playing really poorly. Pogba and Matic are really bad in the centre of the park, Martial is very wasteful in front of goal, Lukaku is failing to hold the ball up well, and Lingard has gone backwards after it seemed like he was really developing as a player.

I wouldn't mind seeing Herrera and McTominay given more of a regular chance, it can't be any worse than Matic and Pogba at the moment, and the sooner Bailly is fit again the better. Having said all that, on another day with better finishing from Martial and Sanchez we would have won.

Strange game today. Got the early lead and expected us to have taken control of the game and win comfortably but Southampton responded well and had a few half chances before, out of the blue, we get the 2nd and kill the game off. The second half was everything you expected the first half to be after the early goal but we seemed intent on ****ing about with our finishing.

There was nothing overly difficult for him but Karius done well with what he did have to do - one of the only games I can think of where you couldn't find anything to criticise him.

If we limp to the end of the season playing like we are now (whether we're 2nd or 4th doesn't matter), Woodward should think long and hard about whether Mourinho is worth it.

We could just get in a pure attacking manager and buy expensive, good defenders who know what they're doing.

Every game is similar to the one today, regardless of the result, and it's just so boring to watch. We got Sanchez and Mourinho got his new contract so things were looking up, but nothing is changing.
Totaly agree with this even Liverpool are playing better football than us .And they havnt spent half as much as us. But who would you want as manager.

Totaly agree with this even Liverpool are playing better football than us .And they havnt spent half as much as us. But who would you want as manager.

I'm not sure really, anyone with a modern, attacking football style, who is also good at developing players too. Depends on who is available.

2a0ahqx.jpg

Back
Top Bottom