GT86/GR86/BRZ

Soldato
Got mine back from the recall service the other day, running like a champ. As an automatic model it feels so much smoother than before. Sounds better idling, feels like there's much more pickup when accelerating.

Got a few pics and vids sent of the car in various states and it reminded of a scene form Dexter with the plastic wrap and organised rack with all the parts stored on it.

Feels like it got a new lease of life, very pleased indeed :)

Soldato
Got mine back from the recall service the other day, running like a champ. As an automatic model it feels so much smoother than before. Sounds better idling, feels like there's much more pickup when accelerating.

Got a few pics and vids sent of the car in various states and it reminded of a scene form Dexter with the plastic wrap and organised rack with all the parts stored on it.

Feels like it got a new lease of life, very pleased indeed :)

That's exactly my experience, runs better, idles better, sounds better and feels faster.

A month later and everything's great!

They promised to email me some pictures but never, hopefully they still have them when I arrange a MOT this week.

Soldato
Nice! Glad to hear it!

I only got the photos because I've become friends with the service guy I deal with now after taking it to the same dealership for the last couple of years. We exchanged numbers and he What'sApped me updates.

Then when I collected it I also met with the guy who did all the work, which was cool. They said to pop in again at any point in the few weeks and they'd take another look under the hood just to make sure everything is running okay.

Top notch service all round, definitely helped reinforce my long standing existing faith in Toyota :)

Soldato
Yeah I spoke to the 2 guys that did the work, and they took me for a drive before and after. And also said call or pop in anytime. They talked about mods and how they won't effect the warranty. I was really impressed with their customer service. Will probably now keep the car until I can afford a Supra.

Soldato
I'm still waiting for my notice to come. I asked for the clutch to be done at the same time but apparently there is a long waiting list for parts :/

Also they have changed the prices of all the services recently incase anyone didn't notice. The big £600 service at 60k (spark plugs) and 80k (fuel filter) have now dropped to £395.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone elses recirculation light come on when the fan temperature is turned down to low?

The mechanic said it shouldn't, and fixed it when they did the recall, but now it comes on again.

Soldato
It comes on automatically if climate control is on auto and it needs to cool the interior by over a certain amount I think (relative to the outside temp).

It's more efficient to cool recirculated air and everything is about being "eco" now :/

Associate
OP
Soldato
It comes on automatically if climate control is on auto and it needs to cool the interior by over a certain amount I think (relative to the outside temp).

It's more efficient to cool recirculated air and everything is about being "eco" now :/

Mine comes on even if its not on auto, you put it on min and it comes on.

Soldato
This lot on reddit made an 86 out of their 86s :D

ri13vzdtxam31.jpg

Soldato
They will squeal for their lifetime :)

Depends if the dealer used the softer or harder compound pads, might be easier to adjust braking style to be harder+shorter to prevent the squeak.

Soldato
They will squeal for their lifetime :)

Depends if the dealer used the softer or harder compound pads, might be easier to adjust braking style to be harder+shorter to prevent the squeak.

I had ferodos fitted in the front. The squeeking is too much, there's no way I can live with it permanently. Are you telling me there's nothing that can be done? It sounds like an old train coming into the station. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom